Ch 86 | Positions

Y/N's POV:

Within the blink of an eye you're dragged from your own seat and into Seokjin's lap, nearly being crushed to death in his arms. He's clutching onto you like his life depends on it as the van speeds off from the crowd, and your arms make their way around his neck, gently squeezing the trembling man back.

"You're okay baby," you say softly, running your hand over his hair as he tries to stifle his sobs into your shoulder. "You did great."

"The both of you did amazing," Ji-Ho chuckles next to you. "And I'm sure Namjoon is wrapping things up perfectly behind us."

"Did I do okay?" you ask, starting to get a little shaky yourself as you come down from your adrenaline rush. "Not going to lie, I blacked out a bit."

"More than okay," he smirks, pulling out his phone. "You were the perfect amount of angry, protective, humorous, and sympathetic towards the topic. Look." He flips the screen towards you and your jaw gets lower with each comment. People are pouring in words of encouragement online faster than you can read them. "Seokjin did great as well. The public is used to him being the strong and playful one, so they know he's taking this seriously by how devastated he seemed back there."

"See?" you grin, pulling back to cup Seokjin's cheeks. He's a blubbery mess yet somehow still looks so beautiful as his watery eyes search yours. "Everyone who matters sees right through their bullshit. Even the world knows you'd never hurt me."

"You're amazing," he exhales, making your heart flutter as he looks at you like you're the only person on the planet. "I can't believe how strong you are."

"It's thanks to you," you grin, lightly pressing your lips to the tip of his nose. "This is what you did for me on the jailhouse staircase."

"The comparisons of your demeanor here versus six months ago are already circulating," Mr. Song says, handing you his phone. It's getting a little hard to crane your neck and talk so you turn around but stay seated in Seokjin's lap, his arms staying wrapped around you from behind. He rests his chin on your shoulder so he can look at the screen with you.

There's two photos side by side. The left one is of you and Seokjin at the jailhouse, and you're an absolute mess, clinging onto Seokjin while he looks furious. The one on the right is the exact opposite. It's from your statement just now, and was taken right as Seokjin started to break down. In this photo, he's the one who's barely holding it together while you're fiercely defending him.

The caption reads:

Sorry, but as a survivor myself, I can tell you this is not what someone looks like when they're being abused. This is someone who's healed and protected. You can tell Jin loves her, and she loves him just as much. Chang Ma-Ri is just making a poor attempt to get herself out of trouble, and [Y/N] is correct. This just moved us ten steps backwards in women's rights. #IbelieveinSKC

"What's SKC?" you ask.

"South Korea's Couple," Jin says into your shoulder, squeezing you tighter. He assumed most people wouldn't believe Ma-Ri's bullshit. Hell, he's Kim freaking Seokjin, known as one of the kindest humans on the planet. But it's relieving for him to see it with his own eyes.

"That's so cute," you smile, warmth flooding through your chest. You and Seokjin spend a few minutes scrolling through all the positive messages people are leaving, filling you both with a little more confidence.

"Alright," Ji-Ho says. "I don't have much advice when it comes to speaking with the police, but don't say a word if I'm not right next to you. They'll probably want to talk to both of you separately, so just tell them the truth." You nod, feeling yourself getting a little nervous again. "Jin, I recommend you just keep your eyes down if you see them. I know you're furious with Sung-ho but just let [Y/N] be the angry one for now."