Ch 27 | Meltdown

⚠️ Warning ⚠️
This chapter contains and/or mentions :
Violence/ blood/ depression/ suicide

Please read at your own risk

__________________________

Y/N's POV:

"Bug, don't you dare."

Your teary eyes whip over to find Seokjin standing a few feet away with his arms stretched out in front of him, his palms out towards you to try and calm you down. Your eyes then find Ana standing behind him at the staircase with her hand over her mouth and tears streaming down her face.

"Go away," you say as almost a whisper, keeping your hand hovered over the glass shard.

"I'm not going anywhere," he says softly, keeping his eyes locked with yours. "Not until you're okay."

"I'm never going to be okay," you tremble, more tears spilling over your lashes. "I'm never going to be good enough."

"That's not true, Bug," he frowns. "You're amazing." His voice is calm and smooth but you can see the panic behind his eyes.

"Don't try to act like you're any different," you scoff. "You're going to leave me like you left Ma-Ri."

You feel sick to your stomach as those words roll off your tongue. You're not in control of anything you're saying right now, but unfortunately you're conscious enough to understand it. It's a good thing you didn't eat because the hurt that flashes through Seokjin's eyes almost makes you vomit.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.

That's what you're screaming in your head but your mouth doesn't move. The pain shooting up your back and neck is overwhelming, blurring your vision a little.

"Ana," Jin says calmly. "Grab Dal, tell him she's relapsing."

You remain still, every cell in your body completely frozen as Ana runs up the stairs. Jin kneels down onto the ground, keeping his distance of a few feet.

"Can you tell me what was in the letter?" he asks you, glancing down at the paper still crumpled in your hand. Your knuckles are still sheet white from how hard you're grasping it.

"It doesn't matter," you answer him. You're not sobbing from your chest anymore but tears continue to stream down your face.

"It matters to me," he smiles softly. "I want to know everything about you, remember?"

"You don't need to know everything about me," you hiss, beginning to see red. Your fear and sadness are being replaced with rage, and there's a surge of painful heat that rushes through your chest.

"I don't need to, but I want to," he says, keeping his voice low and soothing.

Your watery eyes dart to the stairs as Dal and Ana return, closing the cellar door behind them. In Dal's hand is a small brown briefcase and you know exactly what's in there. Your body flinches in fear as he moves towards you.

"Don't you fucking touch me with that," you grit through your teeth as your body begins to violently tremble. "I'll s-slit my wrist right in front of you if you take another step."