075

Third Person.
Unedited.

EIGHT MONTH CUTOFF: THIS CHAPTER.
FIVE MEMBERS AFFECTED. (One directly, four indirectly)

———

APRIL 15th, 2026.

"Come on boo, we gotta get movin'." Dejuan sat there and rubbed on Kali's back, trying to get her to wake up completely.

"I just want to lay here Juju, please?" She whispered, looking out of her window, being wide awake.

"No, babe. We have to go see Leo today. Everyone is dressed and downstairs." Penny cooed, "It'll be okay, we just have to stay positive."

"He'll be so excited to see you, baby." Dejuan added.

Kali slowly sat up and put her head in her hands, then looked over at Demitrius who was standing in her doorway. "We gotta go, Kal." He said softly.

Just upon looking at Demitrius, Kali started crying, getting off of her bed and going into his arms. "It's okay." He sniffed and cleared his throat. "Hopefully he can come home."

Kali kept her head in his chest and Demitrius looked at Dejuan and Penny, trying his hardest to keep his face straight. "Aye, it's gon' be aight." Dejuan nodded, patting D's back.

"Gon' and go downstairs with Sincere, I got her." Dejuan nodded.

"Just make sure she's okay.. please?"

"We got it, Meech." Penny kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly. She closed the door once he left and turned around.

"Come on, go shower and we'll pick your clothes out." Penny handed Kali her towel and she sniffed.

"Thank you guys for being here." She cleared her throat. "Not for me but for Demitrius, Alonzo, and Tony. They're so grateful for you guys and I am too."

They watched Kali walk into the bathroom and they looked at each other, sitting down on the edge of her bed. "I'm sorry, P. I know you and Leo were close too."

"Yeah," She sighed. "This sucks, this family can never catch a damn break, especially our younger half."

"Hm?"

"Kali, D, and Leo." She clarified. "August as well, they all suffer so much and it's always back to back, they don't even like being happy anymore." She sniffed and rubbed her hands together. "I just wish Chris was here... he'd keep a smile on all our faces."

Dejuan gave Penny a sad smile and looked at his lap, adjusting his watch. "I think I would've loved that nigga, well from what y'all tell me about him. I'm sorry that happened to you, I hope you heal."

"Me too." Penny laughed, "Thanks, Juan. Thank you for being there for my best friend when I can't be. She's... a handful but she has nothing but the purest heart and intentions, just... don't hurt her, all we ask of you, she's been through so much already."

"Trust me, I couldn't even dream of hurting that girl. I..." Dejuan stared into space. "I love her, Penny." He whispered.

Penny's eyes widened and she smiled, trying her hardest not to squeal. "No way!" She whispered-yelled.

"Girl, way." Dejuan playfully flicked his wrist and they laughed. "Yeah man, we've only been together for almost four months but I know it. I can't deny what I feel, I love that girl with all my heart and, honestly? I'm just scared to say it to her."