Yelena?

(I've been hyperfixated on this song and thought it would be fitting for whats going to happen in this chapter)

Once they've all suited up they head to Ward's location. Dani is trying to keep herself calm, but her leg continues to bounce while she zones out. She feels a hand slide up her leg towards her knee to stop it. It takes her a minute to reel herself back into the present she exhales before she leans her head on Yelena's shoulder.

"Thank you babe, I'm trying not to let my anger get the best of me." Dani whispers.

"You're welcome I know, I know I'll be right next to you. To help keep you in check." Yelena smiles grabbing Dani's hand.

"I'm scared, what if he tries to hurt you or tries to use you against me?" Dani says squeezing Yelena's hand tighter as she buries her face in the crook of Yelena's neck. "I don't think I could forgive myself if something happened to you."

"Oh babe, don't think about that right now. We've got to focus on what's in front of us, and that's to bag this asshole up and transport him to Maria." Yelena whispers softly. Even though Yelena knew that it was a possibility and a tactic Ward wouldn't hesitate to use.

"You're right. I love you." Dani says kissing Yelena's neck as she tries to relax and pushing those thoughts out of her head.

"I love you too babe.. forever and always." Yelena says trying not to get emotional.

It's late at night when the jet lands. The team hops out they split up into two groups to scout out the safe house. They successfully make it to the house undetected Steve, Kate, Yelena, and May enter through the front while Nat, Wanda, Bobbi, and Dani enter through the rear. They start clearing rooms in the massive three story house.

They haven't found a single trace of anyone being there until the floorboards above them are heard creaking. Steve and Nat silently communicate to spilt up once again Steve's team takes the main stairway while Nat's team takes the back stairway. 'Man, I really hate fighting in stairways.' Nat thinks to herself as she leads the team up the stairs.

They reach the top both teams on edge pulling their guns back when they realize it's just them. They exhale then look around, but there's nothing. Then a lifeless body comes crashing through the ceiling followed by a flashbang.

"Flashbang!" Everyone yells as they run to take cover, but it goes off.

Disoriented and ears ringing the group tries searching for the one who tossed it.

"Get the fuck off me!" Yelena yells trying to fight Ward off, snapping Dani out of her daze.

"Yelena! I'm coming for you! I'm going to fucking kill you, Ward!" Dani yells as she races down the hallway gun in her hand. Where she sees Ward using Yelena as a shield.

"Oh, You won't kill me not unless you want her and I to blow up together." Ward smirks tightening his grip around Yelena's neck with one arm and revealing a grenade in his free hand.

"You wouldn't!" Dani yells still pointing the gun at Ward's' head.

"You don't know what I'm capable of, Dani." Ward says as he slowly tries to back away towards the stairs.

"Stop! I do know one thing, and that's you're a little bitch for the stunt you pulled in the diner. And you're a puppet for Hydra they could care less if you've dropped dead right here. So why serve them?" Dani asks clenching her jaw with her gun still aimed at his head.

"We all can't have normal lives like you Dani. Some of us were broken down by our families until we had nothing left and were vulnerable. I took my only chance at building myself back up, and became what I am today. I've been given a purpose." Ward says gritting his teeth.