Dani's First Time Overseas

As always the song is for later in the chapter. Idk about you guys but I could definitely picture Nat, Wanda, Yelena, Kate, and Daisy knowing this song and singing along 😂

Dani's alarm goes off extra early this morning causing both women to groan in annoyance. Dani reaches over to turn it off slowly sliding out of bed when a pair of hands pull her back.

"Nooo, don't go yet." Yelena says with a sleepy whisper.

"Let me go start the shower so the bathroom can warm up then you and I can shower together." Dani whispers back gently placing Yelena's hands on the bed before entering the bathroom and starting the water.

Dani runs back across the room jumping onto the bed and landing on top of Yelena.

"Oof... that was a little aggressive for it being this early, babe." Yelena says kissing the top of Dani's head as she nuzzled her face in Yelena's neck.

"It's cold out here without any clothes on." Dani mumbles while placing a few kisses on Yelena's neck.

"That's for sure, I started to shiver in those few seconds you were gone. You'll always be my personal space heater, baby." Yelena laughs as she runs her fingers through Dani's hair.

"It's the best job I've ever had." Dani hums.

The two cuddle for a few more minutes before getting into the shower. After their shower, they get dressed and start to pack their bags for their mission. They pack at least two weeks' worth of clothes in each of their bags. Then they head downstairs to let the dogs out and to feed them. Dani makes a pot of coffee while Yelena heats some toaster strudels.

After breakfast, Dani packs up the dog's bowls, food, and toys to bring to the compound. Joey agreed to watch the dogs until he has to go back home to Dani's dad's. They throw everything into the bed of the truck and load the dogs up in the backseats before driving to the compound. Dani parks her truck in the garage then she lets the dogs out to run a muck throughout the compound. Dani and Yelena walk into the conference room waiting to go over the mission. Peter and Kate are the first two to be there aside from Maria.

"Wow! You guys are surprisingly early for once!" Dani laughs before taking a seat with Yelena on her lap.

"Well it's an important mission so we had to be early. And May kept coming into my room to check to see if I was awake." Peter says rolling his eyes.

"I was too excited and didn't get much sleep so I came here to hang out for a bit beforehand." Kate says clutching onto her coffee.

"You're going to crash so hard later today, and it better not be around me cause I will for sure draw on your face." Yelena smirks and Kate's eyes widen.

"Hey, how was your night, Maria?" Dani asks a while she scratches little circles on Yelena's back underneath her shirt causing goosebumps to rise.

"It wasn't too bad just a bunch of paperwork and getting more intel on these guys." Maria smiles taking a seat herself.

"If you needed help I would've come in yesterday." Dani says feeling bad for having the day off while Maria was doing all the work.

"Oh don't worry about it, Dani. I needed you rested up after rescuing your brother and finally taking, Ward down." Maria smiles taking her coffee cup into her hand.