Chapter 65 - Once Gone

Start from the beginning

Celina stands a bit taller to try to see what's going on with the small robot and notices that it seems to have stopped circling. The drone doesn't move again, nor does it blink or make any sort of noise as it slowly drops down. After this, Seiner merely shurgs in response.

"Just a test flight, now what was the next thing you asked for?" Seiner asks. Then without a second thought, Celina presses a button on her device, which makes the tablet get glitchy for a bit, enough to make the dot flicker out from the screen.

"Hey, what's that for?!" Seiner demands, not expecting this sort of action from Celina, who only chuckles in response.

"Oh, you're really awkward with this. Now, if possible, maybe program that one to see if it can withstand the jamming?" Celina suggests, and Seiner gives a slight nod before doing so. Even with a glitchy screen, inputs are clearly commanded, which gives the drone the time to fly in a stabilized manner. After a few minutes of trying to test it, the dot starts to appear again and the interface returns to normal. Celina lets out a big grin as a result of this.

After a short while, the drone returns and flies back to Seiner, hovering in the air at a safe distance where it makes no noise.

"Well done, Seiner! Guess you really have what it takes to help!" Seiner, however, only shrugs in response. 

"I told you, it's nothing too complex once you study hard enough."

"Still, I must admit that's very impressive. It looks like it's got some kind of sensor that allows you to detect and control the electromagnetic field inside of it?" Celina questions, and Seiner hums in approval before responding. She smiles in response.

"That's right," Seiner replies, all as he gets back to organize the drone he was assembling in the first place. Despite this, Celina is still standing still, not returning back to her room or anything else for that matter. It's almost like she wants to know more about Seiner does during this period aside from the work.

"You sure you'll be fine?"

"Yes, my hands are dead on set to make this proposal a reality, and you know it well." This makes Celina frown in response. Even from someone like him, why would he respond so clinically like that? Something must be going on with him, it seems.

"I'm not talking about how well you are doing with the program, I mean physically," Celina replies.

"What are you implying?" he says as he turns around to see her face to face.

"Like, you seem to be quite a brainy hard-head most of the time, almost like the only peace you know are for things that you can command to do anything, but with people, it's almost like you treat everyone as a stranger. Especially to Tany. Don't you think it's that odd for you?" Seiner can only shake in response.

"I need everything to concentrate to the fullest to get something done. Even the most minor of distractions can create imperfections in many degrees we don't want to see." 

"Yes, I know, but...why not try to be considerate of how others feel when you see work for many hours?" Seiner scoffs.

"Do I look like I give a damn what they think of my work ethic? I don't have time to do that anyway. I'm here in order to do my job. If I stop and think of every person that could be affected due to this project or just by having access to it, there won't be anybody left standing."

"Even if it means you'll grow up to be an isolated, old mess of yourself?" this makes Seiner's eyes widen, as he clenches his fist in response.

"Why do you insist so much on thinking for others? It's not like I can gain something from it. Not all people are like you who live their lives with no regard for anyone but themselves, Celina," Seiner says in a low tone as he turns away from her.