7

Why did I call him here? What was the need? This question kept on running in Regulus's mind.

"Why did you call us Regulus," Sirius asked. "Did you want something?" At this James scoffed.

Adelaide cast a cold glare in James direction, while Sirius looked torn.

"He probably wants to drag you back to that hellhole," James said scathingly.

"Um, Reggie, your letter said something about explaining everything?" Sirius asked hesitantly.

"Yeah," he answered, hating himself more and more for slipping in that note. "About what I said in the train yesterday. I'm sorry. No matter what, you'll always be my brother."

Sirius was touched, but as he opened his mouth to answer, James's voice interrupted him. "He's not your brother anymore," he said snidely. "He's my brother. Keep away from him, alright? Or else you'll be facing me and his other brothers."

Sirius saw that Regulus's eyes had filled up with tears. He wanted to comfort his brother, but before he could do anything, they vanished and Regulus was as composed as ever.

"Fine," Regulus's voice came out harsh and cold, but if anyone paid attention, which Sirius was, they could hear a faint amount of sadness and hurt. "Have fun with your brothers Sirius." And with this he and Adelaide left, but not before the latter shot the two a scathing look.