5

"What sweets are these?" Regulus asked, pointing to some wierd looking chocolate balls. "I've never seen them."

"They're a special type of sweets," Smith answered, quite pleased that Regulus actually said something, instead of smiling hesitantly and nodding at whatever Adelaide said. "Only found in Surrey."

"If they're so special, how come I don't have them?" Regulus asked again, probably not knowing that he sounded like a brat. "Are you sure they're wizarding sweets?"

"Of course Regulus," Smith smiled appeasingly, knowing about the blood prejudice prominent in Pureblood families. "It's quite new, maybe it hasn't been launched in your area."

"Maybe," Regulus said, still not put at ease.

"Oh, come on Reg," Adelaide bumped his shoulder. "Just try it. I vouch for the sweet. It's not muggle," she lied through her teeth.

He believed his cousin, and bit into one, a look of delight unfurled on his face. "This isn't like any of the sweets I've ever tasted!" Regulus exclaims, taking another bite.

"Thanks, my gran makes them," Smith grinned widely.

"Your gran's a muggle, right?" Regulus asked, not quite believing he fell for this.

"Yes," Smith grinned again, quite pleased.

"Tell her I loved it. Give me some more, will you?"

*****

"I don't think he'll show up Krass," Regulus's worried voice cut through the silence. "I mean, I've been horrible to him, and who would ever want to meet a brother like me?"

"Shut it Reg," Adelaide comforted him. "You're also my brother, and I'm still talking to you, alright?"

"Thanks Krass, let's wait for another half hour, maybe he'll show up," Regulus nervously peered around the corridor.

Adelaide suppressed a sigh, knowing Sirius wasn't going to show up, and Regulus was going to end up heartbroken.