Revenge Is A Dish Best Eaten

Start from the beginning

Bill and the others' mouths hung open, except for Dutch.

"How the hell do you know all that?" He finally asked.

"Simple Bill, I read books, and I went to school."

"So, you're a genius? Is that it?" Bill accusingly asked.

"Between the both of us? Yeah." Jesse said

"Why you little-"

"Easy, Bill." Dutch blocked him and Jesse just laughed, "We all know Jesse has always been... Special." He said sarcastically.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jesse asked, he knew Dutch meant something else... he decides to let it slide for now.

Before Dutch could think of a good answer, Arthur finally arrived.

"Arthur, there you are. Come on." Dutch said as he entered the boat first, followed by John and the others. "Thomas, let's get going."

"Right, you are." Thomas said and finally start to paddle once Jesse and Arthur boarded.

A few moments in the water, it was starting to get dark. Dutch starts a joke about how Bill is a sharpshooter in the calvary and that maybe he can help with the suppression fire. Bill starts to oppose then Dutch counters him by saying that he's the Nation's most loyal latrine digger... And the group laughed at that. Bill proudly said that he fought well... then proceeds to call the Indians, savages.

"Watch your mouth there boy. Watch it." Dutch says, then Bill turns to him, "Only type of savage in these parts... are moonshine swilling, pompous, inbred locals."

"Dutch, I saw things out there-" Bill tried to justify.

"I don't doubt you saw things, Bill... but your tiny little mind... was too small to comprehend what you saw. What you saw, was people who lost everything to savagery." Then they shifted in their seats as Dutch continues, "Savagery of peasant, failures to come from Europe to reap some... awful vengeance on God's last creation."

"Interesting way you boys got of preparing for a killing." Arthur mentions.

"I was about to say." Jesse added.

"I'm sorry I wasted my life trying to teach you boys... Love you though, I do." Dutch said the last part a little too quickly but everyone heard it.

"Well, leaving love aside." Arthur coughs... "You think we got this?" he asks.

"Don't you never leave love aside, Arthur... it's all we got."

It was already dark when they finally arrived at Bronte's house. Thomas led them to the water bank to make it easier for them to exit the boat. Dutch reminds Thomas to pick them up later. They ran behind a wall between Bronte's yard and the outside. They all start to jump over the wall and wait on the other side for the others.

"Lenny, Bill, You're with me. Arthur, John and Jesse, you take the left side. If you see a shot, you take it." Dutch instructed and he paused to see if there we're any objections, non, "Okay? Goodluck, gentlemen." He finally said.

The two groups took their separate ways. John, Jesse and Arthur crouched down and silently walked around the garden to find an opening for them. John saw two guards up ahead.

"See those two? Stay out of sight." He said to both of them.

They took cover behind two pillars.

"You got a shot on 'em?" John asked, and Arthur just hummed and shot both guards dead.

In a moment, all hell broke loose. The group shot up as may guards that keep coming from the house. They move up to it to get closer to what they're shooting at.