Chapter 85

The next few weeks of my life was miserable.

Of course I lost the paid internship with my dads office, and I was broke.

My dad was paying for my lawyer but I was just done with everything.

I felt like I was fighting for something which would never benefit me. And it wasn't my fault.

Jon's tried to contact me, but I don't respond.

Dorothea is the sweetest person you'll ever meet, she was a junior when I was a freshman in high school and we got along real well.

She was the towns sweetheart, and there was no way where I was going to ruin her relationship with Jon. Jon sure as hell deserved it but she deserves to be happy.

I decided to move back in with my parents because my rent was going up, and they were the only support I had.

I was at my apartment packing up.

I was cleaning out an old dresser when a card fell onto the floor.

I picked it up and gasped.

Justine Carter.

It was literally the modeling scout years back. I wonder if just maybe I could call him back.

I took a deep breath before walking over to the phone and called the number.

"Carter Management, Peggy speaking." Said a soft voice.

"Hey Peggy. Um Justine gave me a card and I was told to come in." I started.

"Sorry honey, Justine no longer gives our cards. That was years ago, must be a scam." She said.

"No, no! See he gave it me years ago and now I really need a job." I practically begged.

"Hmm. Let me get ahold of Justine. Just hold on." She said and you could hear keys clacking.

I shook my head, this was a bad idea.

"Hello"? Said Justine's familiar voice.

"Hi Justine. It's Jackie. You probably don't remember me but about two years ago you gave me a card, I never got back to you but I really really wanna take modeling serious now." I said shakily.

"I don't remember you but if you were pretty enough to receive a card, then why don't you come in and let me get a good look at you. Say tonight at 5"? He said in a rush.

"Yes! Its perfect." I smiled.

"Great see you later this evening." He said and hung up.

Oh my God.

What if I just solved my money issue.

I needed to start getting ready.

I found the exact outfit I wore when I had gone to the mall years ago and I did the soft makeup look.

5 came quickly and I was soon sitting in his office, excited.

He looked at me "Oh wow. You are gorgeous. I have this campaign coming up, you can try that. If you like it, sign a contract, and you become one of the most popular models. What do you say"? He said smiling at me.

"What's the campaign about"? I asked nervously.

"Oh no sweetie. This isn't playboy you will not pose nude. Its a bathing suit campaign. That's as risky as it gets. Its in two days and I'll have Peggy pick you up and take you to the beach. There you can try it out." He said assuring me.

"Okay thank you." I said sweetly.

He stared at me and his eyes widened "I remember you now. That beautiful girl at the mall, with that annoying boyfriend. Please tell me you two aren't together." He said as grabbed my face.