Chapter 13

"A different line every night. Guaranteed to blow your mind."

I put on a silk dress and threw on a leather jacket on top. I put my hair into two buns and did my makeup.

I was meeting the rest of the band, and I had to look good. I took out a small black and white purse and styled that with my outfit.

My parents had gone out to dinner, so I was hoping Jon would ask me to stay the night again so I wouldn't have to deal with them.

I was mad at them and now Robert. I thought he loved Jon. But the audacity they had to plan a whole conversation between me and Robert.

I tried not to think of it. After I graduate, I'm leaving. I heard Jon's car honk and I went outside to meet him. He opened the passenger door and I sat down.

Jon looked at me "What's wrong? Do you not want to meet the band today"?

I shook my head "No it's not that. I really do want to meet them."

"Well then. Why are you mad"? He said, staring at me.

"Jon. I don't think I should tell you." I said looking down at my heels.

He crossed his arms "I'm your boyfriend, so if something is bothering you. Then you should tell me."

I bit my lip "My family wants me to break up with you."

Jon cursed under his breath "Damn it! I knew meeting them was a bad idea. They think I'm this horrible guy who just wants to use you." He started ranting to me.

I held his hand "I'm not going to break up with you."

Jon threw his hands up "What did I do to make them hate me "?

I shook my head "It's not you, it's the dumb mistakes I did in the past. But I don't care what they think and you shouldn't either. Don't let them affect you"?

"You obviously care if you came strutting out here all pissed off." Jon said kicking the door.

I stood up "Jon! This is why I didn't want to tell you. Look at you, your angry and I don't want to meet the band if your gonna be mad the whole time."

Jon took a deep breath "I'm sorry. I just really want to be enough for your parents. And you. Your their little girl and they have an influence on you. I'm scared I'm going to lose you."

I kissed him "Your not going to lose me. I promise."

He kissed me back and smiled when he pulled away "Okay let's go meet the band."

We pulled up to an apartment complex and I followed Jon, hand in hand.

We walked inside and I recognized the faces that played onstage while Jon sang. They all stood up and smiled except for one.

Tico came up to me first "Hey Stranger."

I smiled "Hi im really sorr-."

He cut me off and hugged me "Don't be. You were out of place and you were just freaked out."

I grinned and then the one with curls came up next "Hey, I'm David."

I shook his hand "Jackie. Your really good at the keyboard." I smiled.

He grinned "Thanks and your really good at being on Jon's mind all the time."

I blushed and was about to reply when one of the one in the cowboy hat said "Like all the time." He didn't sound too happy though.

I bit my lip and looked at Jon "That's Richie." He said as if he read my mind.

Richie tilted his hat and looked me up and down "Jon has talked a lot about you. But yeah you really do have the looks of a model." He said taking his sunglasses off for a second before and putting them back on.

I smiled "Oh thank you." I looked at him closely "I'm sorry. Have we met before? Your voice sounds super familiar."

Richie smirked and held up a finger gun "Give me your money ."

I took a step back and looked at Jon.

Jon gritted his teeth "Richie. I haven't told her that yet."

I looked back at Richie "You were the prick who tried to jump us."

Richie nodded "Yup but Jon was the one who put me up to it. He wanted to look like a tough man in front of you."

I smiled at him and secretly threw Jon a dirty look "Wow. I didn't know that."

Richie laughed "Your reaction was priceless. You even started crying cause you thought I was going to shoot Jon."

I bit my tongue and faked a laugh "Yeah. You should be an actor."

After I finished meeting the band and talking with them, Jon and I walked back to his car.

"Jackie I'm-." Jon started.

I cut him off "What the hell Jon? You asked Richie to act like a robber so you could be Mr. Tough Guy."

Jon cringed "I was going to tell you, I swear."

I shook my head "It's not just that you didn't tell me it's that you did that in the first place. I was already going on a date with you, you didn't have to play this part to impress me even more."

Jon nodded "Your right and I sincerely apologize for what I did. Please forgive me Jackie."

I looked at him and nodded "I forgive you just please don't do this fake skits anymore ."

Jon laughed "Promise I won't." His lips met mine and he pulled my waist in.

I was angry that Jon had lied but the past is in the past...