Chapter 20

"Well, I'm so far away..."

It was the dreaded day. I woke up earlier than Jon and took a shower. I put a white mini dress on and did some makeup. I looked at Jon sleeping peacefully on the bed and I could feel a ball in my throat.

I pulled out a piece of paper and wrote a long letter pouring out my feelings for Jon. I kissed it leaving a red kiss mark on it: I slipped it into his suitcase and a Polaroid picture of us.

I looked at all his stuff to make sure he was completely packed.

About an hour later, Jon woke up. He walked out and I was in the kitchen sipping some coffee.

"Good morning baby." He said planting a kiss on my head.

While Jon got ready, I prepared breakfast.

I didn't really have an appetite so I just watched Jon eat. When he finished, I stood up.

"I got you something." I said and I walked into the living room and grabbed the present.

I handed it to Jon, and he opened it. A smile spread on his face "Oh my God! This is incredible"!

It was a leather Jacket that read Bon Jovi.

He wrapped his arms around me "You didn't have to do this."

"I wanted to." I said with a smile.

He kissed me and I laughed as my red lipstick stained his lips. I wiped it off with my thumb.

We looked at the time 7:30 am. There was about an hour before he had to leave. Jon put on a record and pulled me out of my chair.

The moment was surreal. It felt like it was just us. He twirled me around the kitchen and sang along to the record. I was completely happy.

When the record finished, I knew that it was time to head out to where the tour bus was going to pick the boys up.

Jon packed up the car and I sat down in the passenger seat and put some sunglasses on because my eyes were red from crying. I didn't want Jon to feel bad so I didn't want him to see.

He held my hand as we drove to the tour bus.

Everyone else was already there. Jon and I walked out hand in hand. Everyone else was in a good mood.

Tico came over to us and patted Jon on the back "You bust her out before we leave"?

I felt my face turn red and everyone burst out laughing.

Richie crossed his arms and said " Well did ya"?

Jon replied "I-."

I cut him off "Well Jon doesn't kiss and tell." I said with a smirk.

Richie laughed "Well that's an answer."

David packed up Jon's bags and we all huddled together for our last goodbyes.

I went up to Alec and kissed his cheek "Goodbye Alec, take care of yourself."

He nodded "Of course I will."

I went up to Tico and hugged him "Don't piss off any groupies."

He laughed "Been there done that." He winked at me.

I looked at David and rested my hand on his cheek "She'll be here waiting for you. Just like I am for Jon."

He nodded sadly "Yeah."

I went up to Richie and before I could do anything he threw his arms around me. "Goodbye our little angry Groupie"!

I pulled out of the hug and shot him a playful dirty look "Don't call me that."

I hugged him tightly this time "Take care of yourself. And take care of Jon. Don't let him forget about me."

Richie pulled away and nodded "Don't forget about him either. He loves you and I know you love him. I won't let him do anything dumb but you don't do anything dumb either."

I nodded and kissed his cheek "Goodbye Richie."

Richie pushed all the other boys into the van and it was just me and Jon left.

I threw my arms around him and his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I don't like goodbyes." He said.

"It's not goodbye. It's just a see you later." My voice cracked.

Jon pulled off my sunglasses that revealed my teary eyes. He passionately kissed me.

I squeezed his hands and he looked at me our faces inches apart.

"Jackie."

"Yeah"?

"I love you."

A tear rolled down my cheek.

"I love you too."

I let go of his hand and watched his every step as he climbed onto the bus. I waved to all the boys and blew a kiss to Jon.

The bus slowly pulled out and I watched as they drove down the road until they were to far for the eyes to see.

I looked in my hand and realized that Jon left a note in my hand.

I opened it and it read,

"I'm gonna miss you so much. I'll be there for you. These 5 five words I swear to you. Even when I'm not there physically."

I smiled and held the letter to my chest. I got into my car and drove myself home.