Chapter 74

I woke up the next morning with a headache. I held my throbbing head and quietly climbed out of bed because Jon was still sleeping. 

I walked over to the kitchen and served myself a glass of water. I stood on the porch and enjoyed the fresh air. 

That was interrupted by the phone ringing. 

I answered the phone, "Hello"? 

"Jackie I fucked up." said a frantic Missy. 

"What do you mean"? I asked worried. 

"Okay so we were all very drunk last night, and I was just thinking about everything that's happened to you and I got mad." She replied. 

"Oh no. What did you do"? I asked. 

"I slashed Jon's tires." she said. 

"Oh well that's not that bad Missy. You scared me." I laughed. 

"No no. It gets worse. I thought that it wasn't enough and I. I slashed Krista's tires too. But you have to understand Jackie this was in the heat of a moment." She explained. 

I held my mouth "Please tell me that's all you did." 

"I beat her ass Jackie." Exclaimed Missy. "Like really bad, I knocked her out and then I dragged her back to my apartment because I didn't want anyone to call the cops and she woke up and she started yelling so I muzzled her." 

"Missy please tell me you're joking." I replied. 

"I wish I was. Please I need your help. What do I do"? She started freaking out. 

"Okay okay. Hold on. I'll go down there." I said before hanging up. 

I quickly changed into some shorts and a t-shirt. I scribbled Jon a note that read: running errands will be back soon. 

I drove over to Missy's apartment and burst inside. 

Missy grabbed me and her eyes were distressed. "I know I messed up big time. You can yell at me later. Just go beg her not to call the cops." 

I nodded and walked over to the room where Krista was tied up. 

Her eyes narrowed when we met. 

I proceeded to remove the muzzle. "Are you okay"? I asked. 

"What do you think? You had your friend kidnap me, I am so suing the both of you." She hissed at us. 

"Look I didn't know she did this, I didn't tell her too. Please don't call the cops, she has an important date coming up." I begged. 

"Don't you have an important date coming up"? Her eyes glared down to my stomach but softened when she saw there was no longer a bump. 

I shook my head "Not anymore." 

"What happened"? she demanded. 

I hadn't been asked about the baby in months and Krista bringing it up so casually brought tears to my eyes, "I lost it." 

"Oh." There was an awkward silence for a moment. "Look if you let me go I won't call the cops." She said. 

"Okay." I said. 

"Wait! Don't let her off that easy, question the bitch." Said Missy crossing her arms. 

"Excuse me"? Krista said. 

"Why did you try ruining her relationship with Jon you slut"? Yelled Missy. 

I bit my lip. 

"I'm not a slut. I didn't ruin it." Krista replied dryly. 

"I said try, idiot. You knew Jon loved Jackie, so why did you so desperately try to steal him"? asked Missy. 

"Because she hurt him." Krista said. 

"He broke up with her. He hurt her." Missy continued. "Admit that you liked him." 

"I didn't like him." Krista angrily replied.

"Just admit it"! Yelled Missy in a threatening voice. 

"I didn't like Jon, I liked Jackie"! yelled Krista. "I like you." Krista repeated. 

My jaw dropped, "Wait what"? 

" If you liked her, why were you a bitch. Did you really think you were going to get with her, when you made it look as if you had slept with her boyfriend"? demanded Missy.

"I was a bitch because I knew Jon and Jackie loved each other. I thought if I messed with their relationship and made them end things once and for all, well then maybe just maybe I would have a chance." Krista explained. 

"Get in line." snorted Missy. 

"Does Jon know this"? I asked on a serious note.

"Yes, that's why he fired me. I told him my plan. And Jon well seems very jealous of anyone who likes you, and he will do whatever he can to get them away from you." Krista replied. 

"Look Krista, I'm flattered. Everything you did to try to get with me, but-" I started. 

"But you want Jon." Krista added cutting me off. 

I nodded slowly and finished untying her. "Thanks for being honest. I can give you a ride home, if you want." 

"Um yeah, thanks." Said Krista. 

I drove her to her house and I gave her a hug. "I really do hope you find your special someone."

Krista nodded "Me too." 

I started to walk back but Krista called me. "Wait"! 

I turned around and as soon as I did, she planted a sloppy kiss on my lips. 

I gently pushed her off of me and kept a straight face, even though her morning breath spit was on my lips. 

"I just had to feel your lips. Just once." She smiled before heading inside. 

As soon as she did, I wiped her spit off my lips. 

Well this was an eventful morning, I told myself as I drove back to the apartment. 

When I got there, Jon ran to me. 

"Babe! I have bad news." Jon groaned. 

"What"? I asked, thinking what else could happen today. 

"Someone slashed my tires." He frowned. 

I bit my lip to keep a smile from forming on my lips. "Jon sit down and let me explain this whole entire morning to you." I laughed. 

After I told him everything (including Krista kissing me), Jon looked upset. 

"I told Krista never to tell you that and to stay away from you." Jon said. 

"Jon, I deserved to know." I replied brushing hair out of his face. 

"Well I know something else now." Jon said pulling me onto his lap. 

"And what is that"? I smirked facing him. 

"I like Missy a whole lot better now." Laughed Jon. "Even though she slashed my damn tires."