Chapter 8

"We won't lose when we meet face to lace."

My dad kissed my cheek "Have Fun, Sweetheart."

Jon and I walked out the front door and he smiled "You look real good."

I nodded "Thank you."

"So you were that excited for our date"? Jon said in a teasing like voice.

"Yes. Aren't you"? I said looking at him making sure my eyes were staring right into his.

He nodded "Im very excited." His hand casually slid into mine as he walked me to his car.

He opened the passenger seat "M'lady."

I sat down and he started the car. Madonna started playing and I looked right at him.

He smiled "Shoot. How did that come on"?

I giggled "Hmm. That's a tough question to answer."

We pulled up to a fancy restaurant. Jon took my hand and led us inside. Somehow his hand just perfectly fit into mine.

We sat down at the only table outside and Jon started looking at what to eat.

A waiter came up "What do you two want to drink "?

Jon smiled "Your finest wine."

The waiter raised an eyebrow "Your both twenty one"? The waiter looked at me.

I nodded "Yes." I said as if I was offended "What, do I look like a child to you"?

The waiter shook his head "Er no. It's just. I'll go get the wine."

Jon smiled at me "You ever have wine"?

"Of course I have. I mean no " I shut up and held my mouth, remembering alcohol is what messed me up the other night.

"Damn. What about drugs "? He said looking real interested.

I looked down "Once. What about you"? I said wanting to change the subject.

Jon smirked "I'm a rockstar."

"So"? I said "I bet there are rockstars out there who haven't done drugs."

"And I bet there are young teenage girls who haven't done them either." Said Jon making a point.

I nodded "Point made." I said impressed.

Jon and I both ordered pasta.

"So why'd you want to be a rockstar"? I asked Jon.

"I've always enjoyed the music. And I wanted to make some myself." Jon said slurping up his pasta.

I smiled "Who'd you write runaway about "?

Jon looked at me in shock "Oh um. It's a metaphor. What about you? What do you want to be"? He said quickly changing the subject.

I smiled "A lawyer."

Jon smirked "Why"?

"I always liked the idea of fighting for someone in court." I said, taking a sip of the wine

Jon chuckled "Well you are a good fighter."

I smiled "What? You don't think I can do it"?

Jon raised an eyebrow "It's tough. Everything that gets taken to court. I don't really think you should get a taste of all of that. It's dangerous."

I set down the wine glass "Well I like dangerous."

Jon nodded "Of course you do."

I bit my lip and didn't say anything back.