Chapter 47

1 month and a half later...

Hailey and Bobby set me up with a date.

It was a double date.

Apparently they didn't want Jon to have a toll on me anymore.

I really didn't want to go but hey.

Maybe things could possibly work out in the end.

I work a light grey dress and my hair was in its natural waves.

Hailey and Bobby picked me up and off to the date we went.

When we arrived, they led me to this booth.

The guy looked up and his eyes brightened.

Oh shit.

"Is that you Jacquline Nuñez"? He said standing up.

"Yes Roger, how are you"? I said smiling.

Roger was attractive. Very. He had fluffy brown hair and green eyes. He had an incredible facial structure.

"I am so glad that I get to take the prettiest girl I have ever met on a date." He smiled back at me.

Hailey tapped my shoulder, "You know him"?

"He helped me get the apartment. Except I was with Jon then so we didn't really get to know know each other." I said back to her.

"Ohhh okay. Well Roger and Bobby were best friends in high school." Smiled Hailey.

"Still are." Laughed Bobby.

Roger and I talked about a lot of stuff. And I have to admit that I was really enjoying this date.

"I think you are going to be an incredible lawyer." Smiled Roger.

"Thank you. You know I haven't met anyone who was a realtor at your age." I smiled.

"Oh it's the family business. Started training for it as the age of 14." Replied Roger.

"Oh wow. That's impressive." I said taking a sip of my cocktail.

Roger nodded "Not as much as yours. I hear you're going to be an intern for Hudson and Nuñez Lawyers Co."

I nodded "That's the plan. But I have to admit that I have an advantage to that. My dad is one of the bosses. That's where the Nuñez comes from." I said smirking.

"And I do too. Wow. So we are both choosing paths that has been passed down generation to generation." Grinned Roger.

We didn't even realize that Hailey and Bobby moved to their own separate table, until the waiter returned with our food.

The rest of the date was really fun.

I really liked Roger.

He drove me back to the apartment complex and smiled at me "I really had fun tonight."

I nodded "Me too."

"Would you like to do it again"? Asked a flustered Roger.

"Of course." I took out a pen and scribbled my number on a napkin. "Call me." I said with a gentle smiled and walked to my apartment complex.

I stopped by to get the mail and there was a package for me. I just didn't recall ordering something and there was no return address.

I took it with me and set it on my counter and grabbed a knife. I cut open the package and in there was a vinyl?

It was in a very cheap cover that was falling apart. I looked more into the package and there was a note:

Jackie,
I know you probably won't do it, but here's the new album if you'd like to listen to it.
Jon

I looked back at the vinyl. I turned on my record machine and put the record in its place, then the needle.

I sat down on the floor as it started.

The first song: in and out of love.

I liked it, other than the part in the end. Jon sounded to cocky.

The one song that caught my attention was Silent Night.

The lyrics really hit close to home.

I stared at the record sadly.

Once it finished, I replayed it over and over.

Some of the lyrics were what Jon told me.

Specifically.

When we broke up.

I guess Jon really was trying to put me first when he ended things.

Some of the songs were so sad.

Because Jon and I could relate to them.

I played the record all night long and woke up on the carpet to the buzzing sound of the record showing it was over.

I walked over it it and put it back in its case.

I put it back into the package and quickly went to my car.

I drove to Jon's apartment and left it at the door. With my own note:

Jon,
Everything makes sense now. We were the right people, but at the wrong time. And that's okay. Cause you made this incredible album from it and I went back to my dream career path. I wish you the best, but please don't contact me again. As you have your own life and me my own. Good luck.
Jacquline. (Jacks) <3

I know the ending was a bit cruel but if I wanted to start dating again, I didn't need to be in contact with an ex.

And besides, I am finally ready to move on from the retched heartbreak that had broken me.

Something tells me that Roger is going to be just the guy to put it back together.

I drove back to the apartment and as soon as I opened the door, my phone started to ring.

"Hello"? I asked.

"Jackie, it's Roger. How about that second date"? Said a happy Roger.