chapter 3

" there's no where to run, no one can save me."

I was at school and complained to Hailey what had happened.

I also avoided Jackson because I didn't have the heart to cancel the date.

When I got home, I made sure to make a scene. First, I slammed the front door. Then, I said in an aggravated voice "I'm home." I threw my keys down on the table and stomped up the stairs. I threw myself in my covers and screamed into my pillows. After making a scene, I started on my homework.

It was about 5:00 and I was suppose to be meeting Jackson at the concert at 7.

I sighed. I watched tv and looked at my outfit I had excitedly picked the day before. I got up and was going to put away when Robert walked in.

I glared at him "You have a lot of guts walking in here."

Robert put his hands up in defeat "Look I'm sorry. I already told dad I drank all the beers but you had to open your mouth and say you drank one."

"Oh so it's my fault? Remember what I told you yesterday"? I said, getting ready to throw a fit.

Robert put my hands down " I know and I'm here to help you."

"How"? I said, not really believing him.

"I'm gonna help you sneak out." He said, his hands still on my shoulders.

"Pfft. You have never snuck out. So no thank you." I said raising an eyebrow.

"I have and I'm good at it because you or mom and dad never found out." He said with a sly smile.

I was shocked. I mean, I know Robert is an idiot and does dumb shit, he managed to sneak out successfully.

"Fine. Help me." I said.

-

I crawled out of the window at 6:30. I pulled my car out of the garage at 6:32. I was in to town by 6:40. Everything was going perfectly.

I parked the car and looked a bit clueless up front.

A crowd passed me and they muttered "Look at that slut." They chuckled and walked away.

I looked down at my outfit. Maybe it was bit too much. Hopefully Jackson doesn't think I'm a slut.

My thoughts were interrupted when my name was called "Wow Jackie? Is that you"?

I looked over and saw Jackson "Yup. Ready to Rock"? I said, striking a pose.

God that was cringy.

Jackson smiled "Yes! Let's go."

We walked inside and it wasn't as crowded as I thought it was going to be. The whole place was a little over halfway full.

Jackson didn't seem to care "Let's go find our spots"!

When we found out spots, I was expecting Jackson and I to get deep into conversation. He just spoke nonstop about Bon Jovi.

He grinned at me "Their first song runaway, is so incredible and it's just so precisely written that only people who are deep in thought really understand it."

I nodded "It's about a runaway." I said, not comprehending why Jackson thought the song was so deep.

Jackson smiled "Exactly! It makes me want to run away. The vocabulary in the song and the comparisons are on a whole other level..." He continued talking.

I plastered a fake smile as he talked. Maybe Robert was right. Jackson is just as bad as all these other boys. I can't wait for this heavy metal fever to be over.