Chapter 45

Jackie's pov-

I was back at my apartment, getting ready for school that was tomorrow. This three day weekend was hell.

I couldn't let the breakup distract me from school.

I still had to focus.

Jon hasn't tried to contact me.

I don't know if I want him to. While I wanted us to be together he was never really here.

It was the same old.

All except for the nightly phone calls.

At night it was worse, but I think I can do it. I think I can recover from this.

I have yet to tell my parents because I know the will be jumping with joy and telling me "We told you."

I just really thought Jon was the one.

I thought Jon was going to propose but instead I flew home as a single person.

I shook my head. If I really wanted to heal I would have to forget about Jon.

My phone started ringing and I stared at it.

Was it Jon?

I picked it up "Hello"?

"Hey." said a familiar voice.

"Hailey"?!

"Yeah." She replied hesitantly

"You have a lot of guts calling me like this." I said angrily.

"I know but. I really wanna talk. I miss you." She said.

Her voice sounded genuine.

"Oh"? I said.

"I'm sorry I let a boy get between us. Can we meet up"? She said.

"Um yeah. Do you want to come over"? I said happily.

"Well I did but I found out you don't live with your parents anymore"? She asked.

"Yeah I moved out like a month ago. Here's my new address." I replied.

While she was on her way, I got a little ready. I had spent the last few days crying, so I didn't look too good.

I threw on a cotton dress and threw my hair into a ponytail.

There was a knock on the door and I opened it.

"Jackie"! She shrieked and gave me a tight hug.

"Hey babes. How are you doing"? I asked returning the hug.

"I'm better now that we're talking again." She said pulling away.

I smiled "I'm glad you called. And that we're putting all the high school drama behind us."

She nodded "I'm so sorry Jackie. What I did was so fucked up. I should have respected yours and Jon's relationship. I hope you both can forgive me."

I nodded, "I forgive you Hailey."

Hailey smiled "That's what I love about you. You are so forgiving."

I nodded, "Well I would rather live life happily than always bitter towards everyone."

"God I need to be more like you. Are you still trying to be a lawyer"? She said sitting down on the couch.

"I am. Its so stressful. Are you"? I asked.

"I want too. Is your school still enrolling"? She said.

"Yup until September." I replied flopping down next to her.