Chapter 15

"I know when I die, you'll always be on my mind."

Daniel grabbed my arm and spun me to look at him.

"What do you want"? I said glaring at him.

"I know your mad but I can explain, everything." He said squeezing my hand.

I pulled my hand out of his "Daniel I don't want to talk to you ever again."

"Please. Listen. Can I take you to lunch and we can talk"? He begged.

I looked at my feet "I guess. I guess we have a lot to catch up on."

Daniel nodded "See you at lunch"?

I bit my lip "Maybe. Let me think about it."

I walked back inside and went straight to my classroom. I sat down at a desk and groaned.

Hailey burst in "There you are. I've been looking for you everywhere."

I looked up at her and didn't say anything.

"I'm so sorry I should have told you." She sighed.

You think?

I shook my head "Don't be. You tried to keep me away."

Hailey threw her bag down at the table next to me and sat down, " No I am sorry. All I did was pull what your Parents did. Try to keep you away from him. I should have just-."

I cut her off "Hailey it's okay."

Hailey nodded "Okay."

I looked at her "He doesn't even know."

"Know what"? Hailey asked.

"That our baby's dead." I sighed.

"Oh. That's not good." Hailey replied.

"I know. But it's not like he never bothered to come check on me." I said fiddling with my fingers.

Hailey put her arm on my shoulder "Yeah."

I shook my head "I can't be worried about him right now. I have school."

Hailey nodded again "Yes. School only. What were we even talking about"?

I smiled at her "Thanks."

Hailey hugged me "Of course."

It was a few minutes before lunch and I had been hiding in the bathroom. I didn't know if I should go see Daniel or not.

I walked out to the front of the school and sat down on the steps.

I felt a hand wrap around my back.

I pulled away "Daniel don't do that." I spun around to glare at him but I didn't see Daniel, I saw Jon.

"Daniel? What the hell are you talking about"? Demanded Jon.

I frowned "What are you doing here "?

"I came to pick you up for lunch. We were gonna go for a date today." Jon said taking a step back and glaring at me.

I bit my lip "I'm sorry I must have forgotten." I replied reaching for his hand.

He pulled his hand away and shook his head "You still didn't answer my question."

"It's just that." I didn't even know what to tell him "Daniel moved-."

I was cut off when Daniel ran up to us "Hey Jackie. Oh who's this"?

Jon replied for me "Her boyfriend." Jon took a step closer to me "Who are you"?

"Daniel. The father of her baby." Daniel said narrowing his eyes.

"He doesn't know"? Jon said looking at me.

I shook my head "Daniel I-."

"Your baby is dead. It's been dead. And it's all your fault." Jon hissed at Daniel.

Daniel looked at me "Tell me he's lying."

"No, he isn't." I said, a little hurt by the way Jon had said it.

Daniel threw his arms up in the air "Well fuck Jackie! When are you gonna tell me this"?!

I backed up and Jon stepped in "Look you don't get to come back into her life after you left her."

"It was my parents not me." Daniel corrected,

Jon sarcastically laughed "Are you kidding me right now?! If you loved someone and wanted to raise a fucking kid with them, you wouldn't let your parents get in the way of that."

Daniel looked at me "Look I don't have to listen to him. Are we still having lunch or what"?!

I felt Jon's eyes staring daggers at Daniel "No. You've heard everything you needed to know."

Daniel shook his head "Look I may have been a shitty boyfriend but I can tell you right now, the wannabe rockstar with his trashy hair will ruin your fucking life. I'm warning you."

"You ruined her life already. Don't you know what you've done to her?! She's gone to a-." Jon started. He paused and pulled me closer to him "Never mind. Just stay away from her."

Daniel walked away angrily and I looked at Jon.

"Are you mad at me"? I said in a soft voice.

"Well I'm not the happiest man in the world right now." Jon replied.

I rested my hand on his cheek and looked at him straight into his eyes "Thank you for standing up for me. I'm really grateful for that."

Jon nodded "It's whatever."

I kissed him "It's not whatever. I didn't know how to tell him no."

Jon pulled away from me "Do you still love him "?

"No. Of course not." I said and Jon hugged me tightly.

"Any chance your parents would switch you out of this school." He joked.

"With a month left to graduation, not a chance." I giggled and leaned my forehead on to his.

"I thought so. Now how about that lunch "? He said.

We raced to his car and sat in the drivers seat.

"Your driving"? Jon said surprised.

"Hell yeah"! I kissed his cheek as I started the car "And the driver controls the radio."

"Damn. I should have know there was something up." Jon said relaxing into his seat. "Is my hair ugly"?

I brushed his hair out of his face "No. I think it's very cute Jon. And you look hot with it." I replied biting my lip.

Jon smirked "Really? How hot"?

I looked at him "Not now."

Jon looked at his backseat "I just cleaned the car yesterday."

My cheeks turned red "But what about lunch."

"Oh I'm sure we'll both be having plenty to eat after this." He said with a teasing smile.

I ran my fingers through his hair "Oh really."

Jon licked his lips and started kissing me "Oh I'm positive."