Chapter 31

Roberts P.O.V-

I woke up to my mom freaking out on the phone. It was about 3 in the morning. I got up to see what was going on.

"Mom"? I asked, cocking my head.

She looked up at me with tear stained eyes "Jacqueline got in a car crash. She's in the hospital"!

We all rushed to the car and sped off to the hospital. When we arrived my mom ran up to the doctor.

He shook his head sadly, "Her condition is critical. She's suffering from an injury to the head and her legs don't look to well either."

My mom burst into tears "No God No! Not my baby"!

I stepped back. It all hit me. Jackie could die. I started crying and hugged my mom tightly. My dad rubbed my moms back and soothed my mom.

I looked up at him. His eyes were full of tears as well.

I excused myself to the nearest phone. Jon needs to know that his girlfriend got in a car crash.

I typed in his number and a very weary voice said "Hello"?

"Jon"? I asked.

"Robert. What's up"? Replied Jon.

"Jon! Jackie got into a car crash. Please come down here now"! I yelled into the phone.

"I'm on my way." Said Hon and he hung up. I walked back to my parents who were sitting in the chairs. I held my head.

I didn't want to lose my sister.

Jackie's P.O.V-

I felt as if I was in a deep trance. All I could hear were voices. They said things like "Check her blood pressure." Or "Her heart rate is high."

I tried moving but I couldn't. I tried opening my eye but I couldn't. It felt like I was stuck.

Jon's P.O.V-

I rushed over to the hospital and ran in. I was her family and ran over to them "How is she"?

Robert shook his head sadly.

I felt my eyes swell up with tears "Oh."

I walked over to the nearest Doctor "Where is Jacqueline Nuñez"?

"She's not having any visitors right now." Said the doctor not bothering to look up from his clip board.

I grabbed the clipboard out of his hand "Where is she"? I demanded.

He put his hands up "Room 178. Down the hall."

I ran down the hall and looked into room 178. I saw Jackie's tender body, tubes every where bandages on her legs and her knuckles. I felt a tear roll down my face.

I opened the door "Jackie"?

She just layed there with her eyes closed and her breath all cracky.

I sat down next to the bed and held her hand. "I don't know if you can hear me but I love you."

I stared at her face sadly. There were tiny cuts all over it.

"Please wake up. I need you. I don't know what I'd do with out you. Please." I said squeezing her hand.

She said nothing. She did nothing.

I kissed her cheek softly. "I won't leave you."

"Your leaving." Said a nurse who I didn't notice was standing at the door way.

I sighed "Please."

"Young man. She's going into surgery soon. She needs rest." Said the nurse.

"Okay. Please take care of her." I softly said.

"It's my job." She said and led me out of the room.

I looked back at her one last time. I walked out to her family and told them what the nurse told me.

Her family looked tired. The sun was coming up.

"Why don't you guys go home and take a shower and get some rest? Come back after a bit. If anything happens I'll call." I said with a small smile.

Her mom nodded slowly "Umm well alright." They al left and I sat there nervously.

After a couple of hours, a nurse came out.

"Nuñez family"? She asked.

I stood up "That's me."

"She's sleeping but you can come sit in there if you'd like." The nurse said with a smile.

I ran into her room and I smiled at her. She looked so peaceful.

I set my hand in hers and kissed her forehead gently. I was gonna wake her up but she was tired. And I didn't want her to freak out and start yelling at me.

It broke my heart to see her like this.

I sat down at the desk and scribbled down some lyrics, while she slept.

" I play the part of a broken heart up on a shelf. I play that part so lonely and so well. Thought that love belonged to someone else. Not me and you."

I felt my eyes tear up and I looked back at her. I broke her. I broke her heart.

"Yeahh, I know that you've been shattered and bruised. And we both know how it feels like when you lose. But I'd bet my life on a rolling dice for you."

I continued writing. I was focused on this. This was for Jacqueline Nuñez. The love of my life.

"If that's what it takes. That's what I'll do. Tonight's the night. I'm gonna prove it you."

I smiled down at the lyrics that I wrote. I didn't realize I was crying. I wiped away my tears and stood up.

Jackie was still asleep. I sat by her side and slid my hand into hers.

I woke up to the nurse tapping my shoulder "It's past visiting hours. Go home." She said harshly.

I looked over at Jackie who was still asleep.

"Why hasn't she woken up "? I asked.

"Go home." The nurse sighed.

"Is she gonna be okay"? I asked.

"Go home." Repeated the nurse.

I sighed defeated. "I'll be here first thing in the morning." I ran out the door and drove home.

I tired my walked into my apartment and the band sat on the couch.

"We we're waiting for you." Said Richie.

"I'm sorry. I was with Jackie." I apologized.

"We know but Jon. We have to go back. The tours not over yet." Added Alec.

I frowned "But Jackie."

"I'm sorry but leave that alone for a while. It's kinda your fault she got in the wreck." Said Tico.

I shook my head "I-."

Richie cut me off "Look she's not gonna be happy to see you when she wakes up. She's gonna be pissed. A, she doesn't have a car anymore. B, you had sex with her best friend. Just leave it alone and let her cool off." He said patting my shoulder.

I nodded slowly "I know but I'm scared for her."

"We all are. That's why we're here. But we have to go back." Added David.

I held my head "Okay I'll pack."