Chapter 9

"We've got each other, and that's a lot."

By Monday, my thoughts are "JON KISSED ME. I KISSED JON. WE KISSED EACH OTHER."

I wanted to tell Hailey but she was caught up in her own drama. Apparently her boyfriend was seen hooking up with another girl on Saturday night. She has been looking for him everywhere but apparently he's hiding from her. As a good friend, I supported her through all of it. And while she cried on my shoulder, I thought about when I did that to Jon. I could not stop blushing but my thoughts were really distracting me.

In class we were taking a test and I didn't even know and we had to turn them in at the end of the period and I had nothing completed. That kind of ruined my mood for the rest of the day so I was as bummed out as Hailey.

I went over to Haileys house after school and we did our homework. She complained the whole time about her boyfriend calling him a dirtbag and stuff like that.

Finally I shushed her. "Hailey your getting all worked up some stupid boy who won't even matter ten years from now. Make him regret ever doing that, don't show that your upset."

Hailey nodded "Your right. I'm gonna call him and, and um. Tell him he's gonna regret it."

She ran out of her room and I got to sit down in silence for a few minutes. I really wanted to understand Hailey but my relationship was going so good right now, it's like I almost forgot how much certain boys suck.

She came back in with a smile.

"You told him off"? I said grinning.

"No we got back together. He said it was a huge confusion and that it wasn't him hooking up with a girl, it was his friend and he just was third wheeling." Hailey said, humming a love song.

I shook her "What? Why would you do that"?

Hailey scoffed "Jackie sweetie. I know all of your relationships have gone down the drain like with Nik-."

I cut her off "Don't bring him up"!

Hailey rolled her eyes "He's gone now. What does it matter"?

I looked down on the ground "Because Hailey. He really hurt me. You know what he did."

Hailey shuddered "God, I hate him. I wish I could confront him myself."

Daniel and I started dating in middle school. We would stay with each other until the summer before senior year. He changed. And not in a good way. He ruined me that summer. My only consolation was alcohol and drugs. I had to go to a mental hospital for the end of the summer to help me mentally and to help me get over my addictions. Daniel moved while I was gone and I was heartbroken he left me. Or was it the other way around??

When I got home, I opened an old album. It was of pictures of Daniel and I. We looked so young. My eyes watered up when I saw the last picture in the album. I quickly shut it. Why was I doing this to myself? I slid the album back under my bed and put on a movie to take my mind off of it.

I hid under my covers and my eyes started burning up. I held my knees to my chest and quietly sobbed.  

The phone started to ring and I immediately picked it up.

"Hello"? I said in a fake voice, so the caller wouldn't know I was crying my eyes out/

"Jackie, it's Jon. Meet me at the park tonight at 9 pm."

My heart fluttered "Okay."

I got out of bed and washed my face. When 9 came by, I grabbed my car keys and headed for the park.

I pulled into park and Jon hugged me from behind. I smiled and faced him "Hey"!

Jon kissed me and grinned "I missed ya." He said.

"I missed you too "! I replied, brushing his hair out of his face.

Jon looked at me gratefully "Come here, I wanna show you something." He pulled me and we walked to a poorly set up picnic.

I didn't say anything about it, "Jon this is so sweet."

He pulled out a cupcake with messy frosting and handed it to me "Here ya go. I made this for you."

I took a bite out of it, and liquid batter poured down my throat. I ignored it though and continued eating it.

Jon ate his and watched me intently. "Jackie you got some frosting on your face."

"Where"? I said, picking up a napkin.

"Here I'll get it." He leaned in and his tongue met my lip and he licked it. I pulled my face back and started laughing.

Jon smirked "Wait there is still more." He layed down on top of me and started kissing me. I ran my fingers down his neck and kissed him back.

After a couple of minutes of kissing, he pulled back and grinned "I can taste the cupcake in your mouth."

I bit my lip "And I tasted it in yours."

Jon leaned his head on my neck and I could feel his breath. My breath paused and I slowly enjoyed the moment. My hands rested on his back and kissed Jon on his head.

He groaned and said "Let's go to my place." He sat up and I followed him.

"Okay." I helped him clean up the picnic and we walked to his car. He drove to his apartment and we walked inside.

As soon as we walked in, I looked around. It wasn't that big but it was only for one person. There were four rooms. A kitchen, a bathroom, a bedroom, and a room with a tv in it.

Jon led me to the room with the tv on it and put on a movie. We both layed down on the bed and he put his arm around me. His body was now partly on mine and he started cuddling with me. I smiled and kissed his hand that rested on my chest.

"Stay with me tonight." Jon said.

I sighed "I have school tomorrow."

"I'll take you."

"I don't have any other clothes." I explained.

"You can use mine." Jon said in a desperate tone.

I laughed "Okay, okay. I will stay."

Jon kissed my neck repeatedly "Thank you"!

I wrapped my arms around him and leaned my head into his chest.

Jon lifted my head up "Jackie."

"Mmhmm"? I replied.

"I wanna put a label on us." Jon continued.

I lifted up my head and looked at him in his eyes "What are you saying"? I know what he's saying but I just wanna hear him say it.

"Will you be my girlfriend"? Jon said with a smile.

I nodded "Of course." I planted my lips into his.