Chapter 49

2 years since the breakup-

I walked into the office confidently. My dads partner said he a had a huge offer for me and I knew that he would want to see a strong female.

I straightened out my pencil skirt and took a deep breath. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." Said the boss.

I walked in and smiled "Good morning Mr. Hudson."

"Ahh Miss. Jacquline Nuñez. Just the girl I want to see." He said "Come sit."

I sat down, "You called me because you had an offer for me."

"Yes, yes. We have recently been presented with a case. While it's not really a big deal and could easily be won, the people are willing to pay a lot of money." He started.

I nodded intently.

"My lawyers don't really have time to cover a case as pathetic as that, so I was wondering if you'd like to take it." He said tipping his head towards me.

"I would love to. May I have their file, I'd love to get started right away." I said with a smile.

"They don't have one. And just a warning. They are very immature. You will have to pick them up from the airport tomorrow. I'll print out what exactly you need to defend them with. If you have any questions, then you probably shouldn't be here." He gestured towards the door.

I stood up and walked out. The assistant came up and handed me a paper.

I read what was going on. Apparently they want to fight to get their music from their records rights to their own.

This was gonna be easy.

I picked up the phone and called Roger.

"Babe! I got my first case. I'm so excited." I said.

"That's great babe. The sooner you finish, the sooner you can come home to me." He replied.

"Yes. I love you and miss you." I hung up and ordered a taxi back to my hotel room.

Right now I was staying at Jersey City. To help cover the office that was over here.

I went to the front desk, "Hi I would like to order 2 rooms for 5 people. They will be arriving tomorrow." I said.

"Yes of course. Would you like them to be next door to your room"? Said the receptionist.

"Sure why not." I replied. I gave her the company credit card and went up to my room to work on the case.

I woke up on top of the Manila folder that had been handed to me.

Ughhh. I feel asleep in my clothes from yesterday. I hopped in the shower and got ready to go pick up my clients.

My hair was in lose waves and I wore a pant suit. I added a feminine touch with high heels.

I did a light makeup look and ordered a taxi. On my way to the airport, I read over their file again.

No name?

Okay. That's weird.

I sat their in the waiting area as I waited for the clients. The assistant sat next to me holding a sign so they would know who to come up to.

I went to order us coffee and when I got back I saw her talking to 5 fluffy haired guys.

Then I heard a laugh.

That sounded familiar.

Too familiar.

I walked up next to her and our eyes met.