Chapter 18

"The sheets got tangled in the mess we made."

Tonight was prom. Tomorrow, Jon is leaving.

I didn't even want to think about it.

Hailey was over at my house and we were both getting ready. Every single senior is skipping school today to get ready.

I had my hair up in pins so when i took them out, they would like Hollywood Glamour curls. Hailey was straightening her hair and I start doing her makeup.

"Are you okay" she asked?

I looked up at her "Yes, it's just Jon goes on tour tomorrow and you know."

"Yeah. Your gonna miss him. But just think about it, it's gonna happen so fast. We're gonna graduate, get ready for college and you and him can be together all summer long." She said comforting me.

I smiled at the thought of that. "Your right. I'm gonna be okay. We're both gonna be okay. And we're gonna look so hot tonight." I said confidently.

Hailey cheered "that's the spirit."

After I finished her makeup and did mine, we took a breather and watched tv for a bit.

Robert walked in "Hey." He was taking Hailey to prom because she was pissed off at her boyfriend.

Jon was taking me.

I looked at the time "Fuck. We have two hours and we still want to go out to eat."

Hailey and I jumped up and changed into our dresses.

Hailey was wearing a blue mini dress because it brought out her eyes.

I wore a long red dress that cut off at the shoulders.

A few minutes later, Jon arrived and we all started taking pictures.

My mom wiped a tear from her eyes "Look at our baby. Her last prom."

When she said that, it made me think. It really is. I'm gonna graduate and I'm gonna pursue a career. I'm gonna move out and go to college. I'm gonna leave here.

Jon tapped on my shoulder "Hey babe, are you okay"?

I nodded "Yes, of course. Let's make this the most memorable night of our lives."

Hailey and Robert cheered. We all smiled and got into the rented limo.

We went out to eat at a fancy restaurant where the rest of Bon Jovi joined us. Alec and Robert got along really well. Hailey was giving Richie looks the whole time.

"Jon." I said quietly.

He looked at me "Yes"?

"We can leave prom early because you have to wake up early tomorrow to you know what." I mumbled so no one else would here.

"No. This is your last prom, who cares about tomorrow"? He smiled, kissing my cheek.

Richie looked at me "You look pretty tonight."

I smiled "Thanks! You know you guys can totally sneak into the prom. Have fun with us."

Richie winked at me "We night."