Chapter 32: Reunions

🎶 London Boy — Taylor Swift 🎶

At 6.30pm sharp I left the Shard to go pick up Charles at City airport. His flight would arrive at 7 and the airport was just a few tube stops from work, so I made it perfectly on time. At 7.20 I saw my wonderful boyfriend get out from the exit and I ran towards him. He left his suitcase and hugged and kissed me.
"I missed you so much." he said between his gentle kisses.
"I missed you too." I whispered.

Charles took the handle of his suitcase again and we walked towards the exit. There was a valet waiting in front of a Ferrari. Charles walked straight to him, took the keys and thanked him. The valet wished us a safe journey.
"Are you serious?" I said with a huge grin on my face.
"Sure, and I'll even let you drive us to dinner." he replied. "You are more used to London traffic."

I jumped up and down full of joy and sat on the driver's seat. Charles put his suitcase and backpack in the trunk and sat himself next to me.
"Where are we going?" Charles asked me.
"Chiltern Firehouse. I had to book the table the day you called me to tell me when you were coming. It's super trendy." I replied. I had been there once with Val, but only for drinks, so I hoped that the food would be equally delicious.

I managed much better than in Monaco and even Charles was impressed. Arriving in a Ferrari obviously brings a lot more attention to yourself than if you arrive by foot, but the staff there is used to high society guests, so they are very discreet. Another reason I chose the restaurant.

The hostess guided us to our table and handed us the menus. I settled for the grilled octopus, while Charles was having a classic steak au poivre.

After we had ordered I spoke to Charles: "So... My boss is hosting an evening at his home on Saturday night and he invited me and the other trainee to attend and bring our plus ones. I have accepted the invitation for us, I hope that works for you?"
"Sure, what kind of setting is this?" he asked me back.
"It will mostly be clients, so people around 40-60 years old. I have settled in quite well at work and I don't think that people would mind about us, except for the initial shock maybe. The people there don't really chat with each other, everyone just does their work and then goes home." I explained.
"Oh, that's good for your privacy, but isn't it a bit lonely? What about your colleague?"
"We are friendly with each other, but I don't know him enough yet to say if we could be friends, but I'm open to the idea. Maybe I could meet his girlfriend and become friends with her at some point." I said and smiled.
"Then I will be happy to be your companion for the evening. I will even drive us there in my humble carriage."
"Great, William already believes you're some kind of drug boss because I make such a secret out of you." I joked.
"He will be very disappointed then when he will meet me." he said with a grin.
"Oh yes, very." I said sarcastically.

Our food arrived and it was delicious. We remained seated for our while after we had finished and chatted a bit about the rest of Charles' season. He told me that the last race of the season would be in December in Abu Dhabi and that usually all the girlfriends attend and he would love for me to come. I said that it could probably work for me since the office gives every employee extra days off at the end of the year, depending on how many overtime hours one makes. I won't have many since I only started in September, but it still could be enough for two to three days off extra. Charles' face lit up when he heard this, he definitely had not expected my answer.

We then decided to drive home, since I had to work tomorrow and Lando would pick up Charles for some golfing at 9.

When we arrived home, Charles greeted my mum and dad and we chatted with them shortly before we went upstairs to my room.
As soon as we were alone Charles grabbed my hips from behind and started trailing kisses down my neck.
"Will I have you alone at some point this weekend?" he whispered in my ear.
"My parents are going to the Cotswolds for the weekend, so we will have the house for ourselves." I said while turning around to face him.
"Oh thank God" he said while throwing his head back in relief.

After getting changed for the night we both cuddled in bed together and I checked my messages. Val had sent me an article from the Daily Mail on Instagram. I really hope it's about her favorite popstar being single again and not about me.
Unfortunately, I was wrong.

📍 Chiltern Firehouse, Londondailymail Ferrari F1 driver charles_leclerc was spotted once again with his mystery lady, but this time not on the French Riviera

dailymail Ferrari F1 driver charles_leclerc was spotted once again with his mystery lady, but this time not on the French Riviera. The pair enjoyed a romantic dinner at Chiltern Firehouse in London, a favorite of Princess Beatrice. It is safe to assume now that the mystery lady is based in London, since she was wearing "workwear", as a source described and Leclerc was obviously there visiting her. The question remains, who is she and when will they go public?

charles_my_love Uggghh not her again
f1ismypassion As long as he is happy.......
maxverstappen1 I lost a bet and had to wear a wig and workwear for a dinner with Charles
Replying to maxverstappen1:
pierregasly And Charles lost a bet and had to fly you to London for dinner
Replying to maxverstappen1 and pierregasly:
christianhorner You really don't want me showing these comments to Dr Marko

Again, I grinned at Max' and Pierre's comments. I showed the post to Charles who, after reading it, asked me: "How do you feel about it?"
"Honestly, I don't care. We are kind of going public on Saturday, so it doesn't matter if it would come out now. I am just annoyed that they publish pictures of us in private settings." I replied, adding a sad tone to my last sentence.
"I understand. But at least you hair looks on point in the picture." he said.
I laughed, gave him a long kiss and then we both turned off the lights.