Chapter 120: MIL's birthday & Valentine's

🎶 STAY (with Justin Bieber) — The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber 🎶

On Monday, I had my last day in Mr Richards' sports law team and he invited us to dinner that evening as a small farewell gesture to me. The next day, I reported to Mr Gant and we started off the day with a team briefing. The next months were going to be incredibly intense, we had lots of mergers to follow and Mr Gant had acquired loads of new clients over the past few weeks, with whom we all had to meet and get to work for the cases they entrusted us with.

William had to laugh when I returned to my desk packed with files.
"Thank God we've arrived in the digital age, right?" he joked.
"Whatever new technology there is - be assured that lawyers will only start using it 50 years after its release." I scoffed.
One thing I definitely didn't miss about corporate law were the working hours. I was back to working 16 hours a day and even went to work that weekend as there was so much to do.

Carmen and Alice wanted to meet up the following week, but I had to cancel as I wanted to finish up as much as I could and enjoy the weekend with Charles and my parents. We hadn't told my mum about my boyfriend visiting, but I had to tell Dad and Oli for logistic reasons.

After what seemed months to me, Charles finally arrived on Friday evening and came to pick me up from the office.
"I'm so exhausted" I sighed as I sat down in his Ferrari.
"I'm so sorry, but are you happy with work at least?" he asked sympathetically.
"Yes, I'm happy to be back on Mr Gant's team - corporate is definitely what has interested me most until now." I told him.
"That's good - I hope you'll still be able to come to a few races though" Charles said and winked.
"I'll make time, maybe I'll have to take my work computer, but since you're busy most of the time, I have time" I sighed.
"You can always go to my driver's room for some quiet time" Charles offered. "So, your Mum suspects nothing?"
"Nope, her birthday is tomorrow and she'll be so happy to see you. We're always going out for lunch and bowling after. In the evening we finish off the day by going to Mum's favourite Indian - it's an evening I'm dreading the whole year as I'm not a spicy girl, but I always end up eating plain rice." I chuckled.
"I can't wait, this weekend is going to be great" Charles said and smiled.

To say Mum was ecstatic when Charles walked through the door of our house, is an understatement. But quickly after, Mum started cussing us as the house was looking "like a tornado hit it" and was "not in a presentable state for her son-in-law". The house looked impeccable as always, but she warned us to never surprise her with a visit from Charles again, as she would have prepared a big dinner for him and put on the Egyptian cotton sheets on my bed instead of my usual normal ones if she had known.

On Saturday, she turned 52 and we were all gathered at the breakfast table to give her our presents. Dad had given her a necklace with a pendant with his initial P, as well as an M and an O for us engraved. Oli had played it risky and gifted her an expensive anti-aging skincare set, but as he was her darling son, she found it incredibly sweet. If my son ever gifted me anti-aging stuff I would disinherit him instantly. Charles had bought her a "Family Cookbook" for her to write down the instructions for her best dishes, so that the next generations could also enjoy them in the next decades. Mum was on the verge of crying when she thought about her possible future grandbabies, especially if they were Charles' children. Last but not least, I had gifted her the Revolution toaster, which she had had on her wish list for a long time.

 Last but not least, I had gifted her the Revolution toaster, which she had had on her wish list for a long time

📍 London, England
Tagged: beabea.wright, oli_wright_one_and_only
mary.wright.98 Happy birthday to the best Mum ❤️ #tb2014

charles_leclerc Oli in the background 😂😂😂
oli_wright_one_and_only What kind of picture did you dig out?!!???!!!
beabea.wright Thank you darling 😘😘😘
carmenmmundt You looked cute at 16!!!! Hbd to your mum xx

We went bowling and Charles was bad, as usual, while Oli was crushing us all. Dad came in a close second and to make Mum happy, I let her get third place, while I was last, not counting my boyfriend, who was just awful. Oli was ecstatic that he was better than Charles.
"I beat you in PlayStation F1 and now also at bowling, are you better than me at something at least?" he bragged proudly when we were at the Indian restaurant.
"Landing a decent girlfriend" Charles said dryly and Mum, Dad and me erupted in laughter.
"Got me there" Oli admitted and joined in.
We had a great evening together and I was happy with my plain rice, while everyone else had their plate loaded with an exotic dish.

📍 The Famous Curry Bazaar | Best Curry House in Brick Lane
Tagged: beabea.wright
oli_wright_one_and_only Happy 52nd mumma xx

beabea.wright Delete my age immediately
henry_scott Happy birthday Mrs Wright!!
landonorris Ok no one told me that the mum was hot
Replying to landonorris:
charles_leclerc You're creepy sometimes

On Sunday, after sleeping in comfortably, I took Charles to visit the Churchill War Rooms. I knew that he wasn't the greatest fan of museums, but this was pretty cool as they showed the underground rooms that the war cabinet stayed in during WW2, which was connected through underground tunnels. It was hard to imagine that they had all been used less than 100 years ago and that life back then was so different.

Unfortunately, the weekend had passed and I was woken up on Valentine's Day morning by the horrendous sound of my alarm clock. I rolled over to say good morning to Charles but had to discover that he wasn't in bed anymore. He had probably gone out running, so I went to the bathroom, showered, put on some make-up and got dressed. Then I went downstairs to have breakfast, but was greeted with the sweetest surprise. Charles and my Dad were preparing breakfast and on the table were two wonderful bouquets of roses.
"Good morning" my boyfriend said and walked over to kiss me. "Your bouquet is the one on the right"
"Thank you, that's very sweet" I whispered and gave him another kiss, before I started counting the roses. They were 37 - a number to gift to someone if you love them from the bottom of your heart. Mum had also come down and was also pleasantly surprised and then we sat down to eat together.

"Awww you guys, you didn't have to do all that for me!" Oli exclaimed when he also arrived at the dining room.
All four of us turned our heads towards him and shot him a glare.
"Thanks for remembering your son, too" Oli added sarcastically.
"You could always find yourself a serious girlfriend" Mum teased him.
He rolled his eyes, took an apple and disappeared, as he didn't want to join our romantic breakfast.

Charles drove me to work after and while on our way he told me: "By the way, on Sunday 27th there's the Ferrari Style fashion show in Milan, do you want to join me again?"
"That's in two weeks, right? I guess, what should I wear?" I replied.
"I'll ask Mia to prepare an outfit that's your style" Charles chuckled.
"Thank you" I said. "By the way, I stumbled upon a funny video of Mia, where she's checking out Perez at various media panels, I'll send it to you if I find it again!"
"Whaaaat? Please do, I mean, he's in her age class" he chuckled. "Here we are Mademoiselle, The Shard. Fare is 15 kisses.
I laughed and leaned in to kiss him goodbye for 15 times.