Chapter 171: You & Me

🎶 The Joker And The Queen (feat. Taylor Swift) — Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift 🎶

Charles POV

"Well... That seemed... A successful babysitting evening?" Riccardo said after Mary had rushed out of his and Marta's apartment.
I just stood there like a statue.
"Earth to Charles!! What happened?" Marta asked agitatedly.
"Erm... Chiara is sleeping well, we managed to put her down around 8 I guess?" I stammered.
"No, I meant with Mary!!" she quickly replied.
"Uh - what?" I said, still looking at the door which she had closed behind her.
"Dude, you're so lost!" Riccardo said and patted my cheek a few times, making me snap out of my kind of trance.

"Ok I don't know. We kind of had a moment when we put Chiara down and I tried to flirt, but she blocked me off by reminding me how shitty I treated her and that she basically can't trust me" I said.
"And what did you do then?" Marta asked excitedly.
"Nothing. She's right so I didn't say anything else..." I sighed.
"What?! Stop with this stupidity now! Just tell her how you feel. She wants clarity from you and not silence! Open up about how much you love her and want to be with her forever!" Riccardo now said, almost shouting.
"You think I have another chance?" I asked quietly.
"YES! But you will never get it if you don't man up and speak to her!" Marta now shouted.
"Ok ok, I'll think about it, I have to leave for Budapest tomorrow. But I'll see you guys on Friday?" I asked and smiled. I couldn't wait to have some support from my friends at the racetrack.
"Yes! We'll be there. We love you so much, Charlie" Riccardo said and hugged me.
"Awww guys" Marta said and joined the hug.

——————————

It was Saturday morning and I had woken up after a promising Friday. First thing I did was open up Instagram and with my luck, I saw a new picture of Mary on top of my feed.

 First thing I did was open up Instagram and with my luck, I saw a new picture of Mary on top of my feed

📍 Plage du Larvotto
mary.wright98 Fridays after work at the beach

oli_wright_and_only Jealous ^ 10000
carmenmmundt Que guapaaaa 😘
isahernaez soooo pretty mary! we have to meet up soon again
Replying to isahernaez:
mary.wright98 Agree!! Text me your summer plans
landonorris I sure hope you're wearing something under that shirt!!!!!!!!!! Bcuz it doesn't look like it!!
Replying to landonorris:
mary.wright98 Shut up
nyckdevries Pretty :)
charles_leclerc Beautiful

I couldn't help but to comment. She was so beautiful and that photo being taken in one of my favourite places in Monaco just added to the beauty of the picture. Riccardo and Marta were right - her not being mine was driving me insane and I needed to change that.

Unfortunately, my head was with her all weekend and I didn't manage more than 7th place in Sunday's race. This whole season was so frustrating and I never knew what to expect of not only myself, but also of my car. One weekend it looked competitive and the next it was a shitbox and the team looked like a bunch of clowns once again. I certainly had seen the memes about me getting more depressed each year.

My mission was clear when I was on the plane back to Monaco on Sunday evening: Talk to Mary and win her back. So I drove straight from the airport to her apartment and ran up to her 16th floor, ringing the doorbell furiously. After minutes of trying I slumped down on the floor, apparently she wasn't home.

"Excuse me, can I help you?" a woman who stood in her apartment door, asked me.
"Erm - I'm looking for Miss Wright? She lives here in apartment 36B?" I stammered.
"Are you a stalker?!" she asked me and closed her door a bit more.
"No! No, I'm just" I looked down and saw all my suitcases scattered around and me still being in my travel clothes, no wonder she thought I was a weird guy. "I'm - just a guy" I replied, hoping to calm her down.
"She went on a work trip, she'll be back tomorrow night" she said and closed her door.
Ugh, great. I knocked on her door again and she opened up again to my surprise.
"Do you know if she went by car or by plane or...?" I asked.
"Plane. Munich." she said, but smiled as she closed the door.

When I arrived at my apartment I immediately searched for the arrival time of the Munich flight at Nice airport. The next day, I went to Mum's favourite florist and bought 88 roses, signifying an apology from the bottom of my heart. And there I stood, Monday night, half past 11 waiting at the arrivals for the love of my life. I prayed that she actually was on this flight and hadn't already arrived earlier. It was one of the last flights landing today and the airport started to get emptier. There was a mother with two small kids also waiting and she smiled at me.
"Girlfriend?" she asked and smiled.
"Ex. But hopefully my wife someday" I replied and smiled.
She laughed. "You screwed up?"
"More than once." I sighed in defeat.
"I figured. You'll screw up so many more times - everyone does. You two just have to decide to love each other and stick together no matter what. Marriage is a great help with that - there's no way out of that" she chuckled.
"You are very handsome. She is lucky!" the little girl, she must have been nine or ten, piped up.
The woman and I both laughed and she tapped her daughter on the shoulder.
"He's a bit too old for you darling" the woman consoled her daughter.

Suddenly the doors opened and it was like a ray of sunlight hitting the room, even though it was night. There she was, business attire as I was used to seeing her in by now, and fuck, she looked hot, my trousers started to feel tighter and I put the bouquet a bit lower to conceal that area. She also spotted me and her feet walked towards me. Her face looked incredulous but I knew that she was smiling underneath and that made my smile grew wider. Finally, her facade broke and she smiled too when she stood mere meters away from me.
"Let me guess. 88?" she said when she stopped right in front of me.
"You know me like no one else" I replied.
"You can drive me home and we'll talk there" she said and wanted to take the flowers.
"Um... Don't worry, I'll carry them, give me also your trolley" I said hastily, hoping that the tension in my trousers would ease down.
"Ok?" she said and laughed.

The drive to her apartment was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. It was a warm summer night and I had opened the Pista's convertible roof, which made her hair fly and she looked ethereally beautiful.

Finally, we arrived at her flat and she closed the door behind her.
"Mary, I'm sorry for everything. Really. I know I'm way too stupid for you but I promise that there will be no other guy that will ever love you the way I do. And I want to spend every day of the rest of my life with you. I'll do my best to be what you deserve." I blurted out, I couldn't wait anymore.
She looked at me and after what felt like an eternity, she finally walked up to me and put her lips on mine.
I felt fireworks erupting around us and the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. She ripped my shirt open and threw it on the floor. Ok, she wanted to go there. I picked her up and pushed her to the nearest wall and with that, my bulge touched her sensitive area and she let out the sexiest moan I had ever heard.
"Fuck, if you do that again, I'll come alone from that so shut up" I whispered.
"Please, no foreplay, it's been way too long" she replied, also whispering.
"No more waiting?" I asked, not sure if I meant only the sex.
"No more waiting." she replied and looked me in the eyes.

In a swift motion, I pulled up her skirt, down her panties, opened my jeans, lowered my boxers. I was almost drunk on love enough to forget, but I remembered asking: "Which day of your cycle is it?"
"Day 7, I just finished my period" she quickly replied and I nodded.
When I had finally entered her, we both let out a loud moan. Fuck - I gritted my teeth and pulled myself together, hoping to hold on for at least a few minutes, but thankfully, she came very early and I could also let go.

"I just missed you so much" she chuckled when we started recomposing ourselves.
"I am so thankful you were done so quickly. I came almost after five seconds" I laughed.
"We can get ready for bed and try a round two?" she asked and wiggled with her eyebrows.
I eagerly nodded and followed her to her bedroom.