Chapter 133: The Monaco GP 2022

🎶 champagne problems — Taylor Swift 🎶

After returning from Barcelona, I had a tough week at the office as I wanted to finish lots of work before going on a "holiday" for a week. Oli was set to accompany me to the Monaco GP this weekend and to say he was excited was the understatement of the year. Charles had managed to get a Paddock Pass for him on Friday and Riccardo had invited him to his apartment for Saturday and Sunday - both gestures were extremely generous, given how prestigious an attendance was.

My brother and I met at Gatwick on Thursday evening, as I had taken Friday off already to be at the track to cheer on Charles. Due to my boyfriend still attending a sponsor's event in the evening, Arthur picked us up from the airport and as I didn't have the keys to my boyfriend's apartment, we all went back to Pascale's where Arthur still lived and Oli would also be staying during the weekend.
"Finally a somewhat full house again!" Pascale said happily when Oli appeared with his suitcase in her doorstep.
That woman didn't know my brother yet.
"Thank you so much again for letting me stay here!" Oli said and greeted her with a hand kiss.
Man, he was playing all the cards.
"Oh, such a gentleman" Pascale said and blushed, making me roll my eyes so hard, I was afraid they were getting stuck.
I just hoped that Charles would appear here soon to get me away from me witnessing how my brother was charming my mother-in-law.

My prayers were heard and just a few minutes later my boyfriend arrived and greeted me happily with lots of kisses. He chatted quickly with his Mum and gave her, Arthur and Oli their Paddock Passes.
"Thank God we got away from there. Let's just hope I won't be your step-aunt by the end of the weekend" I groaned.
Charles just looked at me with a horrified face and drove me home.

I had brought a huge suitcase due to me staying over a week and had to put it in Charles' already crammed living room. We went to bed and woke up early on Friday, ready to get this weekend of racing started. The support for Charles was even greater than last year, especially since he was seriously contending for a world championship this year. As we cycled down the streets to the track, Charles was cheered on from bypassing cars, pedestrians and people from their boats and balconies. I was grinning the whole ride, as I was so happy for my boyfriend. We parted ways and Charles went to the Ferrari garage while I proceeded to the Paddock, where I was meeting Oli.

"Mary! Everything is SO awesome!" he shouted excitedly when he spotted me from a few metres afar.
"I know, but please keep your voice down" I said.
"Ahhh, we have to go exploring, here is my phone, take a picture of me with everything!!" he said and gave me his phone. We walked around the Paddock and I did as he had asked, trying not to look too fan-girly.

 We walked around the Paddock and I did as he had asked, trying not to look too fan-girly

📍 Circuit de Monaco
Tagged: mary.wright98, charles_leclerc
oli_wright_one_and_only Monaco GP '22 🇲🇨

henry_scott So cool man!! Cheers Mary & good luck Charles!!
mary.wright98 You just had to choose my worst picture
Replying to mary.wright98:
charles_leclerc And mine!! They put up that old picture instead of one of the thousands they shot this year 🙄
leclerc_pascale So handsome you 2! (3)