Chapter 38: Happy birthday C

🎶 Happy Birthday (feat. John Legend) — Kygo, John Legend 🎶

When I woke up on Saturday, I found the other side of the bed empty. I heard sounds coming from the kitchen and got up from the bed, took Charles' presents from my suitcase and made my way to the kitchen, where my boyfriend was apparently trying to make breakfast.

I hugged him from behind and said: "Mmmh that smells delicious".
I put the presents on the table and as soon as I had put them down he looked at me with a soft smile.
"Val wanted me to buy a vibrator that you could control via app, but I preferred something more... conventional" I joked.
"You can get that for Christmas in two months" he said and winked at me.
I just shot him a glare.
When he had finished cooking he gave me a plate with my scrambled eggs and bacon while he only went for the eggs with some whole grain bread.

While I was eating he unpacked the presents. The first one he opened was the album, where we started looking at the pictures and reminiscing the memories during breakfast. When we had finished eating he also opened the second parcel. I had also written a classic "love letter" with it, explaining the meaning of the bracelets and lots of other feelings of mine. I hoped he would like it and not find it embarrassing. He sat there reading the letter and his mouth started smiling the more he read. Thank God.
"Thank you, Mary. That's such a thoughtful gift" he said and pulled me in a tight hug. We both put on our bracelets and Charles made a picture to send to his family group chat.

After breakfast, we got ready to meet his brothers for a tennis match. When we arrived at the courts, Charles immediately announced that he would be playing with me. Arthur rolled his eyes and protested: "You only want to play with Mary because you don't want to lose against her!"
"What's wrong in playing in a team with my girlfriend?" Charles exclaimed while grinning. He definitely did not want to lose against me again.

But Lorenzo and Arthur put up a good fight and we ended up winning a set each. But thankfully, Charles and I managed to win the third set 7-5. But I was completely knackered. The game was extremely intense and we were all sweating under the Monegasque sun.

We all went back to the changing rooms and got changed again. We were meeting Pascale for lunch at a restaurant near the port. When she saw me, she immediately engulfed me in a tight hug and said: "It's so good to see you again, Mary. I am so happy that you could make time with work!"
"I am so happy to be here too, Pascale. Yes, work is crazy, but I would not miss it for the world!" I replied with a smile.

 Yes, work is crazy, but I would not miss it for the world!" I replied with a smile

📍 Yacht Club de Monaco
charles_leclerc 24 feels good!

pierregasly Can't wait for tonight!
charles_my_love He was there with his family and his gf
Replying to charles_my_love:
f1ismypassion Really??! She's still around 🙄

After lunch, Charles and I took a small stroll through town and went back to his place to get ready for the night. We would have dinner beforehand at the Buddha Bar and go to Jimmy'z afterwards. Val and I had bought a new dress for me to wear  tonight and I could not wait to put it on.

Around 6.30 I started getting ready and was done by 7 with Charles waiting patiently for me on his sofa.

I hoped I would not be overdressed, but Val reminded me that this was a millionare's birthday in Monaco, whose favorite color was red, so I ended up trusting her and bought it

Charles was delighted when he saw me and whispered in my ear: "I can't wait to take this off later." I replied by giving him a kiss that left him wanting more, but unfortunately we had to go.
At the restaurant, there were already some people waiting for us, some friends from school as well as Pierre and Max, who I immediately greeted happily.
Charles and I sat together at the middle of the table and when his brothers arrived, Lorenzo took the seat next to me.

Suddenly, Charles stood up and greeted a girl who had just arrived. He seemed very happy to see her and talked to her for some minutes. I eyed them from the side but did not want to look too suspicious and jealous.
Lorenzo leaned into me and said: "That's Maya, Charles has had a crush on her since primary school, but she was never interested in him. She disappeared and left him broken hearted when they were like, 18. I wouldn't be surprised if she came back for his money."
I swallowed and really hoped that this was not true. She was a stunning girl, has known Charles all her life and lives close to him. Three aspects of her that made me dislike her instantly.

Charles sat back down next to me and took my hand. I demonstratively put our hands on the table, but Maya was too busy catching up with Charles' and her school friends to notice.

We had a great time at dinner and Charles was delighted about the cake that me and his brothers had ordered to the restaurant.

We were all very tipsy when we made our way to Jimmy'z, where Charles had booked some tables in the VIP area. My boyfriend took my hand and guided me to the dance floor where we danced closely together while it was getting hotter and hotter in the room. Suddenly, Maya tipped him on his shoulder and shouted to him over the music: "Hey, sorry to interrupt, Charles, can we talk outside for a minute?" Charles nodded and without acknowledging me, he left me on the dance floor all alone.
"What the fuck was that?" Max asked me, coming from behind and holding two drinks in his hand.
"I don't fucking know." I answered angrily, taking one of the two drinks and finishing it immediately.
"Ok, whoa, apparently she hit a nerve."
"Hopefully, she only hits something on me and not on him." I stated, getting angrier.

Max, Pierre and I started ordering shots and I hoped to forget where my boyfriend was and what that girl was telling him.
When he finally came back and found me, he had an extremely disturbed look on his face and I immediately knew that this was not good news.

"Let's go home" he said to me "I'm tired."
I did not want to argue and hoped that he would offer me an explanation at home, so I obliged.
Max and Pierre both shot me a look from afar and I just raised my shoulders.

Charles did not talk to me all the way home and whenever I asked him something he answered with a one-word-sentence and said that he was too tired to talk.

He apparently could wait to take off my dress and went straight to bed when we arrived home.