Chapter 121: Milan Fashion Week

🎶 MONEY — LISA 🎶

Charles left for Maranello, where Ferrari was launching its 2022 car on Thursday. He was very excited on our Wednesday evening call and gushed that the car was looking so fast and amazing. I hoped he was right and tuned into the car launch on Thursday. They were talking a lot about technical stuff, but the car did look pretty cool and I noticed the slightly darker shade of red and the matte look - but that was definitely the girl in me speaking.

On the weekend, I finally managed to catch up with Carmen as well as Alice. My parents, Oli and me also played a doubles tennis match on Sunday, with Dad and me teaming up against Mum and my brother. We won and to celebrate, Dad took me out to dinner. It was great to spend some time with him alone again, as we hadn't done that in a long time.
"Ok, I know you won't want to hear it, but I have to do the Dad talk - you know I really like Charles, but are you sure you guys ready to move in together?"
"Dad, we'll both be 24 and together for almost two years by then, I think it's a good time when my training is finished." I stated.
"Yes, I do actually agree with the timing part - are you going to move in with him though or finding a new place?" he asked.
"Erm - at first I'll move in with him and then we'll see" I said.
"And how are you splitting up the expenses?" he continued investigating.
"Dad, we haven't talked about the details, when I find a job and I'll know how much I make I will only be able to picture my everyday life and expenses. Really, I have it under control and Charles and I trust each other fully, so it will be ok" I said trying to calm him down.
"Ok, ok, I'm sorry - I just want you to be fine and I know that you're old enough to take care of yourself, but it's always hard to let your little girl go" he said and started getting emotional.
"Oh Dad, I know, and you will always be the first man I loved and I won't ever forget that" I said and sent him a big smile.

The next week, I attended my first international law conference in Zurich from Wednesday to Friday and I enjoyed myself very much. It was great to get in touch with other lawyers from all over the world and my LinkedIn was full with new contacts.

On Friday afternoon then, I took the train from Zurich to Milan, while Charles was arriving via plane from Barcelona, as he had just been there for winter testing. We met at the hotel and then went out to dinner to meet Pierre.
"So, how's your love life going? Charles has been telling me all sorts of wild stuff" I asked him.
"Not you too - ugh, so Kate and I are basically over, there hasn't been the 'official' break-up talk yet, but it's very much on the horizon and we both know it..." he sighed.
"And how's it going with the other girl?" I continued.
"What?! You told her that too?" Pierre asked Charles.
"Of course, I cannot not tell her" Charles chuckled.
"Ugh, you are really the perfect boyfriend. To answer your question, she's not the 'other girl'. We've texted a bit but there's nothing there..."
"Yet" I finished his sentence.
He rolled his eyes and didn't comment, so we changed conversations for the rest of the evening.

On Saturday, Charles went to work out with Pierre in the morning while I strolled through the city and I even found some cute things in a typical Italian boutique I had discovered. My boyfriend called me when he was done and we arranged to meet up at a restaurant to have lunch together.

"So, as next weekend will be the last before I'll be away for three weeks, I thought I could come visit you in London and then we could drive to like a spa or wellness resort stuff for Saturday and Sunday to relax?" Charles asked.
"Oh wow, that sounds perfect!!" I said excitedly. "There's really no way you could come to Australia then, right? It's always such a fun race..." he asked.
"No, not really, I need the days off for the week after Monaco, as I wanted to do some job interviews then and then obviously for the summer break..." I explained.
"Yeah, I get that... Have you already done any job search?" he asked curiously.
"Just very superficially... I have a few ideas for where I could apply, but no concrete plans yet" I said and smiled.
"You'll find something, I'm sure" he said and took my hand to kiss it.

We spent the rest of the day just wandering around the city and taking goofy photos of and with each other as Charles said he always looked at photos of us when he was away for races.

The Ferrari fashion show was on Sunday and after a rich breakfast at the hotel buffet, we got dressed back in our room.
"Wow, Mia did great!" I said as I eyed myself in the mirror. I was wearing a neutral jumpsuit with a simple red leather jacket and I loved the look. It was a bit more oversized than what I usually wore, but it fit me surprisingly well.
"You look really great! If we had a bit more time..." he said and started leaving kisses on my neck.
"But unfortunately you gifted me a watch that tells me we have to be at our car downstairs in two minutes" I said and pulled away, leaving him wanting more.

The show itself was very cool, they definitely stepped up from what they did last year in Maranello. The clothes were also a tad more... wearable I'd say, with just a few exceptions.

 wearable I'd say, with just a few exceptions

📍 Milan, Italy
mary.wright.98 New outfit for going to court unlocked 🔓

william_stuart97 I DARE YOU!!!!!
charles_leclerc The 16 ❤️
lucygraham Mr Gant will be delighted
Replying to lucygraham:
mary.wright.98 The judge too
alex_albon They actually think people would wear Charles' racing suit? 😂
Replying to alex_albon:
georgerussell63 "Hey girl, you up for a drink tonight?" "Sure, I'll put something casual on real quick" - Her showing up wearing that:

Charles brought me to the airport in the evening before driving back to Monaco and I couldn't wait to see him again in just a week.