Chapter 66: Weddings and other plans

🎶 Salzburg — Worakls 🎶

Very tired, I got back to the office on Monday morning. When I opened my e-mails, I noticed that my partner had sent me a few new cases and I started working on them. Lucy and Michael, my other fellow trainees had moved to a different floor after their new partner assignments, but William had stayed, and I was very thankful for that, since we got along very well. Two other girls had moved to sit with us, Emma and Naomi, but they seemed to be already close friends and did not bother much with us. Not that I minded, especially since I was a bit more cautious about people getting involved with me, after my relationship with Charles became so public.

The next few days, I met up with friends while Charles was always busy with training and various media stuff. As usual, we talked to each other mornings and evenings and were already looking forward to seeing each other again in Portugal. Since the Monday after the race weekend would be a bank holiday in the UK, I had asked Charles if he could take the day off and just spend time with me at some beach, relaxing and unwinding. He thought it was a great idea and that it would be no problem to his plans.

Much to my dismay, a private jet company was sponsoring Ferrari this season and my boyfriend explained to me with a huge grin on his face that "unfortunately" traveling with a jet now was part of his sponsorship duties. I was annoyed at first, but I did understand that he wanted privacy and calmness when traveling around.

The following weekend was dedicated completely to my best friend Val and her wedding planning. Her family, Christian's family, me and Tania, her other bridesmaid and close friend from uni, were all traveling to the wedding venue to plan all sorts of stuff, from the menu to the music, the guest rooms and various other details. It was so stressful and a very small part of me now never wanted to get married because of all the stress it brought with it. Val started crying at least five times for no reason and Tania and I did our best in cheering her up and promising to take as many tasks as we could off her.

Charles was very excited and squeezed me out about all the gossip on the wedding plans. He also told me proudly that he had been contacted by Christian's best man to go on his stag do. It was on the same weekend as Val's hen party, which I had carefully chosen not to be a race weekend, so Charles was ecstatic that he could attend, even though he would not be able to exaggerate with the drinking, since he had a race coming up the weekend after.

The days before traveling to Portugal, I made sure to book all necessary beauty appointments. I was spending a day more with Charles and since Andrea was strict on his "No Sex on Race Weekends" rule, I was happy that we had Sunday evening and all of Monday for ourselves.

Charles had also told me on one of our daily calls that Max' girlfriend Kelly would be attending the race and that I should get in touch with her to meet her up in order not to feel so lonely, since no one from his family would be coming this time. I texted Max to get her phone number and soon got in contact with her. She was very friendly and offered me to get lunch in the Paddock Club on Saturday, which I happily accepted. I was curious to get to know her, since she was some years older than me and already had a kid.

On Thursday before leaving, I met up with Carmen and we booked our flights to the race in Barcelona, which was coming up next week. It was the race in her home country and she wanted to attend, even though the last weeks of uni were definitely taking a toll on her. She had found a great internship starting in September though and was looking forward to her free summer. I envied her, knowing that most of my summer would be spent under the ventilators of my office.

On Friday, I left the office a bit earlier to catch my flight to Faro, Portugal from Gatwick. I had taken my laptop with me and sent out some final e-mails from my work phone while I was waiting at the airport.

 I had taken my laptop with me and sent out some final e-mails from my work phone while I was waiting at the airport

📍 Gatwick Airport
mary.wright.98 Bye rainy London, looking forward to some Portuguese sun ☀️🇵🇹

oli_wright_one_and_only No one cares 🙄
Replying to oli_wright_one_and_only:
mary.wright.98 I'm taking you with me when you finally finish your thesis 😡😡😡
carmenmmundt Can't wait for next weekend❣️
arthur_leclerc You see my brother more often than me 😩

Charles had organized someone from the Ferrari staff to pick me up at the airport and drive me to Portimao, where the race track was located, which was a 45-minute drive. I chatted a bit with the guy, who was called Matteo during that time. He told me that he had just finished uni and gotten an internship at Ferrari and he was part of the traveling staff, but doing minor jobs, like driving someone around or getting equipment from A to B, but he was very happy and proud to be working for the team and he knew, that it was only the start and that this job would open lots of doors for him. I also told him a bit about my work and he seemed impressed that you could become a fully qualified lawyer so shortly after uni in the UK, apparently the system in Italy was quite different.

Although he was quite nice to chat with, I could not wait to get out of the car and see Charles again, whom I had missed very much. He had not arrived back to his room yet from the track, so I quickly hopped under the shower to get the sweat from traveling off me. Suddenly, I felt a hand holding me from behind and I startled, screaming out loudly. But I quickly recognized the figure standing behind me as my boyfriend and turned to him.
"You scared me" I said, looking at him, but not for too long. I was aware that we were both naked, under a hot shower and we had not had sex in a long time, but I did not want to go against Andrea's rules, knowing very well they were set to allow Charles to deliver his best performance.
"I couldn't resist" he murmured, taking a step closer and kissing my neck.
I inhaled sharply as I felt his hard erection against my stomach and him tightening his grip around me.
"Charles... You... Really shouldn't" I managed to get out.
"Just because I have to wait two more days does not mean you should have to" he said and smirked, while looking back to me. He pushed me back against the shower wall and started attacking me with kisses, while his hands wandered down to my breasts, kneading and twisting them. I let out a moan, which fueled him to bring a hand down lower to my sensitive area. He circled his thumb a few times on my clit and I tightened my grip around him. Slowly he entered me with one, then two fingers, accelerating his rhythm according to my moans and I soon unraveled in his arms.
After recollecting myself I kissed him and whispered: "I'm so sorry I can't do anything for you..."
"Being here is enough" he said softly and gave me a kiss on my head.

We finished up under the shower and quickly got dressed to go down to the hotel restaurant for a quick dinner.