Chapter 111: Road to the Finale

🎶 Invisible Touch - Remastered 2007 — Genesis 🎶

📍 Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelseacharles_leclerc Woke up in LDN

charles_leclerc Woke up in LDN

ferrarigirl101 This is pure art
charmary_fan NOOOO I'M DYING, THE MUG
pierregasly Amazing
landonorris Whose mug is that?! 😭
Replying to landonorris:
charles_leclerc Mary's parents', they also have one with Oli's face

Monday morning meant pure hectic in our household. Everyone was getting ready for work and was completely stressed out after the weekend. Charles was sitting comfortably at the table having breakfast, while everyone was bustling around him and shouting things at each other.
Dad and Oli were driving me to work today anyways as they had a meeting nearby, so Charles was still chilling in the t-shirt that was one of his birthday gifts this year.
"I'll see you this evening, right? Double date with George and Carmen, ok?" I asked my boyfriend when I was ready to leave.
"Mhm, I'll meet you at the restaurant directly" he said and disappeared in the bathroom.
Weird. Normally he would have picked me up from work, but ok.

Work was also going crazy and I struggled to finish all the tasks for today in order to make it on time. I was only fifteen minutes late to dinner, but had warned the others earlier, so they were fine with it. It was, as always, a great evening and George and Carmen's company was so pleasant.

Charles and George were both leaving for Saudi Arabia tomorrow and we would only see them next week in Abu Dhabi again.
"When are you girls arriving? And at which hotel are you Ferrari lot staying at?" George asked.
"We're taking the overnight flight and arriving at 6.30 on Friday morning" I replied.
"Erm, I think we're staying at the W on the island." Charles said while checking the info on his phone.
"Rich fuckers. We're staying at the Hilton" George chuckled.
"Next year, W also for you, don't worry" Charles laughed.

Charles drove me to work on Tuesday morning and continued straight for the airport, where he was meeting George, Lando and Alex as well as some other members of the McLaren and Williams entourage. It was great to see the guys so close, and I was also happy that they had accepted me with open arms. We now even had a 'Brits' WhatsApp group with just me, George, Lando and Alex. Carmen, Lily and Charles were 'not welcome', as Lando had established, as they were not British.

The race in Jeddah was won by Hamilton and now it really came down to who would win in Abu Dhabi. It was so intense and I loved this fight, it was great as a viewer, as Max and Hamilton were now level on points. Charles' race wasn't great, but not too bad either as he finished in P7.

As usual, December was crazy with work, as everything still needed to be done, closed and archived before Christmas and the New Year. Me taking off those few days before Christmas too, meant extra stress, as I had to deliver most of the work even earlier. The days before flying out to the UAE I got home at one or two in the morning, earliest. On Wednesday night I packed my suitcase carefully, hoping to not have forgotten anything due to my tiredness.