Chapter 149: Making u̵p̵ out

🎶 Señorita — Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello 🎶

Charles POV

After I felt that body bumping into me, I turned around to see that it was Max.
"Heeeey mate!!" he slurred.
The barkeeper finished doing my drink and had put it on my tab. I greeted Max and took a sip while he was ordering. The barkeeper had given me a plain glass of water instead of my G&T, but I was quite thankful, I needed to sober up a bit, this state I was in didn't feel good at all.
"What are you doing here?" he asked.
"Honestly, I don't know" I replied, my head starting to spin. Fuck, I was feeling sick. One of the securities had grabbed me and was quick to pull me outside. I managed to stumble a few meters forward, but it was too much and my stomach rebelled, making me throw up everything that I had stuffed into it in the past few hours. I heard a few "Ew"s and "Ugh"s from people around and I prayed that there weren't any fangirls around to take pictures and sending them to those stupid F1 Gossip Girl accounts.

I felt someone dragging my body up and around a corner in a dark alleyway.
"Thanks" I said and blinked, trying to see who was my saviour.
There she was. Dressed in white with that beautiful hair softly curled down her shoulders. There were only wings missing and she could have been an angel. My Mary.
"What were you doing outside?" I asked, not even contemplating on what a stupid question that was.
"Smoking" she answered dryly.
"You never were the smoker" I chuckled and looked into her eyes.
"People change I guess" she shrugged. "You should go home." She added sternly.
Fuck. Her bossy tone was turning me on, I hoped that she didn't notice the bulge that was forming in my trousers. I stood up and tried to take a step, but I lost balance and almost fell off the curb.
"Urrrggghh, fine, I'm taking you home" she said and slung my arm around her shoulder. I felt her side on mine and it felt so good to be that close to her again.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I asked her while she was dragging me around the streets of Monaco.
"Call it a bad habit" she snapped.
"Ooohhh, someone is feisty" I teased her.
"You would be too if I had broken up with you mere days before moving in with me." she said.
That silenced me for a while, before I gathered up all my courage to say the words I had been wanting to say for months.
"I'm sorry, really-" I said, but she cut me off.
"Save it, we're here, give me your keys" she ordered.
I put my hands in my pockets, but I just couldn't find them.
"Fuuuuck, I gave them to Joris in case I would be too drunk to get home alone" I whined.
"You can't be serious, what am I doing with you now?" she said angrily.
"You could always take me home to yours" I whispered into her ear and I could feel her getting goosebumps. I grinned, happy that I still had that effect on her.
But she pushed me away and said sternly: "Definitely not, I don't want you knowing my address."

Ouch. That hurt.
"Come on" she said and continued dragging me around the streets. I admired her strength as I definitely wasn't a lightweight and we were going uphill now. I had no idea where she was taking me, but I also wasn't really looking as I was admiring her instead. We arrived at an apartment building and I immediately exclaimed: "NO! No, no! Are you crazy?"
"I don't know where else to take you." she just replied. The door downstairs was always open and we made it into the lift. I stumbled in and accidentally pushed her to the wall with me now mere inches away from her face. I felt her hot breath on my skin and there was so much tension between us.
"Fuck it" I thought and leaned in to kiss her. Instead of her lips, I was met with a smack across my face, all while the lift doors were opening and my Mum stood there to witness the scene.

"You complete idiot!! You are so embarrassing, your ex-girlfriend has to take you home to your MOTHER and look at your state, instead of thanking her you are making a move on her, your Dad would be so disappointed!!" she screamed, probably waking up everyone else in the building.
"Here he is. Sorry for waking you, I didn't know where else to take him" Mary said and pushed me out of the lift.
In a blink, the doors closed again and she was gone, leaving me now face to face with my furious Mum.

Mary POV

The next day, I woke up, reliving last night's events in my head. Why did I still care about him so much? He treated me like garbage, the least I could have done was leaving him in that state in the streets. Ugh, why did I have to be so nice and compassionate?

I took my phone from a nightstand and opened up Instagram, where I saw that Lando had sent me a message with a post:

📍 Sass Cafe MonacoTagged: landonorrisf1gossipgirl Lando and Charles' ex Mary spotted at a club in Monte-Carlo! 👀 Thanks to the follower who sent this in!

📍 Sass Cafe Monaco
Tagged: landonorris
f1gossipgirl Lando and Charles' ex Mary spotted at a club in Monte-Carlo! 👀 Thanks to the follower who sent this in!

charlesfanno1 Ugh, I thought she was different, but apparently she's already going after the next driver 🙄
user1 Hold up, I was there too and she left with Charles 👀
leclerc_bros_fp Can you guys stop posting about her? She's an ex and not relevant anymore
user2 Tell us more!!!! user1

Great, the fangirls already thought I was pining after the next guy, when all I did was ask him to pass me my glass. I just hoped that user1 or anyone else didn't take any pictures of me leaving with Charles or the narrative would explode online. I quickly replied with a laughing emoji, even though I didn't find it funny at all and right in that moment, Carmen called me.

I didn't even have a second to say hello as she already started blabbering: "Where did you vanish last night? I just thought you were going outside for a smoke? Max bumped into a very heavily drunk Charles last night and my, he said that he was escorted out by a security because he had to throw up... Anyways, George somehow managed to lose a shoe and one of Lando's friends made out with an Instagram model, but I forgot her name now; anyways, back to the start, how was your night?"
It took me a few seconds to process all the information before I replied:
"I took Charles home-"
"You WHAT?" Carmen shouted.
"No, not in that way! He was fucking drunk and I wanted to get him home, but he didn't have his keys, so I took him to his Mum's and he made a move on me in the elevator but I smacked him just in time. His Mum was furious to see him in that state." I explained.
"Wow, very eventful. Anyways, lunch at 1? I have to leave afterwards unfortunately" she asked.
"See you later" I sighed and got up to get ready to meet her.