Chapter 24: French Riviera

🎶 This Girl (Kungs Vs. Cookin' On 3 Burners — Kungs, Cookin' On 3 Burners) 🎶

📍 Cannes, Francepierregasly The last two single men on this bachelor trip ✌🏼

📍 Cannes, France
pierregasly The last two single men on this bachelor trip ✌🏼

danielricciardo Text me the gossip asap
charles.et.pierre.fanpage I hope he is not talking about Charles 😭
landonorris Understandable
f1ismypassion Who is he talking about?

Our dinner in Cannes was very pleasant. We went to a secluded restaurant and I had the chance to get to know Max and Pierre better. I loved listening to their childhood racing memories with Charles and by the end of the evening we were laughing all together like we had been friends already for ages.

Today we had decided to drive to St Tropez with the yacht and enjoy our day at Nikki Beach. Charles and I knew it was a risky spot to be seen, but at this point I only hoped for the best. I wanted to enjoy my time with Charles and the others and not worry all the time.

The boys had booked two spots and asked the waiters for discretion. I doubt that it would help something but I tried to get my mind off it. Charles and I laid a bit under the parasol and then we also joined Max and Pierre to play some volleyball.

At lunch we went up to the restaurant and the atmosphere was something else. There was live music, the people were all in such a good mood and the food and wine were excellent.

Back under our parasol's we continued ordering cocktails and Charles and I loosened up and decided to show a bit more of public affection.
Pierre seemed so happy for Charles and he even told me he thought I could be the One. I was very flattered and hoped he was right, but I thought Pierre was just very tipsy in that moment and I only took him half-seriously.

In the evening we went back to our yacht for a quick dinner and to get changed for clubbing later. I was checking my phone when I saw that Val, Oli and Liza had all sent me the same Instagram post. I scrolled on the notifications to open the post and froze when I saw what it was about.

📍 Nikki Beach St Tropezdailymail Ooohh là là! Monegasque F1 star charles_leclerc was seen turning up the heat today with a mystery lady at Nikki Beach in St Tropez

dailymail Ooohh là là! Monegasque F1 star charles_leclerc was seen turning up the heat today with a mystery lady at Nikki Beach in St Tropez. The couple looked "very much in love" and apparently enjoyed the time with the Ferrari driver's colleagues maxverstappen1 and pierregasly. On Gasly's latest Instagram post he confirmed that they were on a "bachelor trip", but him and Verstappen being the only single ones. Does this mean Leclerc is off the market? And who is his mysterious girlfriend? Next weekend F1 will be finally back in Spa, Belgium and maybe his new flame will make an appearance?

charles_my_love 😭😭😭 Why are you doing this to me bby?
f1ismypassion Probably after his money, this will last two weeks
username1 Gosh, this looks so cute, I also want a boyfriend who cuddles me like this!!
georgerussell63 Ooohh là là! landonorris
Replying to georgerussell63:
landonorris Oui oui
Replying to georgerussell63 & landonorris:
maxverstappen1 I lost a dare and had to wear that bikini
Replying to maxverstappen1:
christianhorner Wtf

Ok, this was actually not the worst. You could not see my face and if I did not appear in Belgium it wouldn't be a huge story. Although I found Max' joke hilarious I don't think it helped the cause or his image, but he knows what he's doing. Charles came back into our cabin and I showed him the post that was still open on my phone.
He grinned and said: "Your ass looks hot on this picture, I might save this for the nights I will spend alone"
I just laughed. Then he added seriously: "Speaking about Spa, I wanted to ask you if you would come with me. It will be one year that Anthoine has... has passed and I had hoped you would accompany me for some... moral support."
"Oh Charles, I would love to come, especially given your situation, but don't you think all eyes would be on you or me in the paddock, I mean given the last sentence on the post?"
"What? How can you be so selfish and think about gossip pages when I am opening up about my dead friend?"
Ok, this was definitely still a very delicate topic for him.
"I did not even say no, I only asked for your opinion. You know that it was my wish to keep my name private at least until I was settled into my job."
"Oooh, excuse me if my dead friend is more of a burden to you than your future gossipy co-workers!" he said raising his voice.
"You always act like your job and career is way more important than mine. Just because I earn less does not mean that my job or career are worth less than yours." I tried to say in a calm tone.
"Oh come on, you are doing a traineeship in a huge law firm! Do you think you will be solving world hunger? No, you will just be helping rich people getting richer and not taking responsibility for their crimes."
Ok, this was getting out of hand. In a last attempt to not let the situation get worse, I said: "You and I are clearly upset and we should calm down, before discussing this later in a mutually respectful tone."
"Oh yes, you are right, let's talk about my dead friend in a St Tropez club where we will be drunk, great idea Mary" he replied in a sarcastic tone.
I only looked at him with a stern face, took my dress for tonight and my make-up bag and disappeared out of our cabin.

Thankfully, I had chosen an outfit that I hoped would make Charles regret what he said. Belittling me and my career was extremely hurtful. In the small bathroom I tried to do my make-up as best as I could.

 In the small bathroom I tried to do my make-up as best as I could

After I was done I knew, who I needed to go talk to.