Chapter 141: Goodbye Mary

🎶 Coming Home — Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman, Mike Perry 🎶

Andrea and Arthur had been quick and were able to organise a small party for Charles in one of the hotel's conference rooms. They had put me in one of Charles' merch shirts and I was now chugging down my second beer next to my boyfriend, who was downing shots with some of his engineers. Alex, George and Lando all made an appearance and I was glad that the British gang was reunited once again. We didn't have many chances to talk with each other on race weekends and it was rare that all of us had time one evening to meet up in London, especially with Alex and Lando living in Monaco.

"Yo, Carmen asked me to come and help pack up, I'm just telling you I'm great at folding" George yelled at me.
"Great! Just not my underwear, please" I joked.
Charles had an arm slung around me and started laughing. "Yeah mate, but Carmen can take notes" he chuckled.
"Nah thanks, I think we're fine" George answered and I was quick to change the subject.

It was a wonderful evening and I wished that there were more of those to come. Back in our hotel room, we had so much fun as we both were tipsy and very horny and we had the best sex we had had in a while. Charles could have gone all night long, but I needed at least a few hours of sleep as I was working remotely the next day. My alarm clock woke me up at 7.45, leaving Charles completely unbothered and I set up my laptop and work phone quickly and got going. It wasn't my most productive day, but I managed to get some e-mails done, before George was kind enough to give me a lift with a jet back to London, around the same time that Charles' plane with the other Monaco people was leaving too.

As promised, William had brought cake to work on Tuesday for William, Lucy and me to celebrate Charles' win. It was good to spend time with them as we didn't have much left together now. I was away the first three weeks of August and just coming back for the last few days before the end of our training. The others also had their holidays coming up, but we arranged to go out after our last day here at the office.

On Saturday at 9am sharp, George and Carmen stood at my doorstep, ready to get some packing done. George had been kind enough to drive to the hardware store and buy lots of boxes. While Carmen was piling up my clothes, sorting them in trousers/skirts/dresses etc., George was folding them neatly and packing them away, which left me concentrating on deciding which books to take with me, putting all important documents together and collecting my personal stuff such as pictures and so on. Around lunchtime, we ordered some pizza and facetimed a very happy looking Charles to ask him stuff about his apartment.
"Can you send me your bed measurements so I can check if my beddings fit?" I asked.
"My what? Erm... I think it's a small double bed?" he asked, looking confused.
"Just measure it" I replied.
"With what?" he asked.
"Erm... A measuring tape maybe?" I asked back.
"I don't think I have one..." he said, scratching his head.
All three of us smacked our hands on our hand.
Carmen asked him a whole other bunch of stuff that I hadn't even thought about and we ended the call with a heavily overtaxed Charles, who didn't know where to begin doing what he had just been told to.