• 29 •

One month later...

Yeji's P.O.V

"Liayah! Did you buy extra meat??" I shouted from the backyard porch while I stood up on a chair and hunged some decorations on the wall.

It's mingoo's birthday today and we planned to have a barbeque party at the straykids' house since they said it'll have a lot of space for friends to come.

Yeah, it's a month later, and honestly, it's been super fun. Ryujin and I went to the doctor last week so she can finally take her burden of a cast off. She's been doing much better without it, though I've always told her to not lift heavy things for the mean time but she won't listen.. anyways...

My brother and mingyu's out right now since we also planned it to be a surprise.

We're setting everything up, the guys helping me with the decorations while lia takes care of the food and drinks.

"You told me your girlfriend had it covered!" She replied and I got off the chair and went to grab my phone on the kitchen table.

I dialed ryujin's number and waited for her to answer.

"Noona, where do I put these?" Lee know asked, holding two large party poppers.

"Just leave them by the door so we don't have to find them once they arrive." He nodded and went ahead to put the poppers beside the main entrance.

We suddenly heard knocks and lee know was the one to answer since he was the closes to the door of the house.

"Oh, annyeong noona!" He widened the door, abling us to see who it was.

"Ryujinah~" lia greeted as she approached and hugged her.

I ended the call on my phone and smiled at her.

We made eye contact before she separated the hug with lia and went to approach me.

We hugged each other while she softly kissed my cheek. I know it's crazy.. but this kissing on the cheek thing has been going on for a while now, sometimes it's me, then vise versa.

"Sorry we're late.. ah, I brought chaer and yuna with me. Uhm and yuna's friend will come later, if that's okay with you guys.." She announced and I nodded as I saw her best friend and her sister walking inside the house.

"Unnie!!!" Yuna shouted and ran to me. I quickly caught her in a tight embrace as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"I missed you.. ryujin unnie wouldn't let me come with her everytime she hangs out with you." She pouted, making me giggle.

"Yah, you have school." Ryujin defended and yuna scoffed before facing me with a wide smile and hugging me once again, her head buried in the crook of my neck.

"Aigoo, these two~" chaer cooed before greeting me with a cheek to cheek kiss since we couldn't hug each other with yuna latching onto me very tightly.

"Ryujin-ssi, did you bring the extra meat for the barbeque?" Lia asked and ryujin who was greeting the other guys turned her head and nodded.

"Great. Ryeongie, come help me get it." Chaeryeong nodded but ryujin was quick to protest.

"No, I'll come with. Chaer you can stay here and help with the decorations." She suggested and chae shrugged before pulling yuna away from me to go with her.

I bobbed my head one time to signal ryujin to come and we walked outside to her car.

As we walked to the trunk, she opened her mouth to speak.

"So, what's up? How are things been with you for the past 3 days?" I chuckled at her precise count of how long we've not seen each other.

"Oh so great, no ryujin to annoy me. A breath of fresh air~" I teased. Honestlty, the past few days have been boring, casual, nothing new. That was the longest we've not seen each other for the past month.