• 21 •

Ryujin's P.O.V

I'm sitting on my chair inside my office doing some paperwork until someone knocked at the door.

"Come in." I said and my assistant entered and approached my desk.

"Your friends wanted to see you, Ms. Shin." She said after bowing slightly.

"Let them in." I simply replied as I was too focused on reading the papers in front of me.

She nodded and exited. Soon after my friends entered. It's chaeyoung and heejin.

"Ryujinah." Heejin called and I looked up from my desk.

"Hm?" I hummed in response. Chaer took a seat on the sofa while heejin went to me and leaned against my table.

"Let's go out this Saturday.. since you, chaer and I don't have work." I was gonna say yes, but I thought of earlier when I told yeji we could hang out this Saturday.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I just thought of it now. So, are you down?" She asked and looked at me expectantly.

"Sure.." I started and she smiled brightly.

"But you guys are too late, I already have plans with someone." Her smile faded and turned to a pout.

"With who?" She asked and took a seat at one of the chairs in front of the table.

"With yeji. I already told her I'm free this Saturday when she asked me to hang out." I answered plainly and looked down once again on the papers

"Wha- didn't you just hung out with her yesterday?" She asked while her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes." I replied and as I signed another piece of paper.

"Okay? Can't you hang out with her another time?" She asked and crossed her arms

I was about to answer her question but my phone suddenly rang beside me. I looked at the screen to see an unknown number pop up.

I grabbed it and answered.

"Yeoboseyo?" I said.

"Hi baby." The other person answered in a raspy voice. I immediately knew who it was

"Who's this?" I asked, pretending to not know them which made the person chuckle.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance as I waited for them to answer.

"Please don't play dumb with me, baby.. I know you know who I am." They replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Listen, I think you got the wrong number." I continued on pretending and I heard them scoff.

"Cut the shit, ryujin. I called to tell you how much I've missed you." At this point I'm overly disgusted by this person.

"Bullshit. Just leave me the fuck alone will you??" I demanded with irritation and impatience laced in my voice.

"Ah, so you do know who I am. So tell me, how's your recovery baby? I hope that it'll be fixed soon. I just can't wait to have you in my grasp again. This time, I'll make sure to never let you go. Ever." I shut my eyes tightly while they told me this.

"And I'll make sure that won't be happening. You're disgusting. I know you really don't want me. You're just doing this for the fucking m-" they cut me off before I could finish what I was saying.

"So what? What're you gonna do, huh? Tell your mommy and daddy that you don't want this? You're pathetic to even think they'd acknowledge your desperateness, ryujinah.. so why don't just focus on getting your shit together and come here as soon as possible. You don't have an escape. You're all mine. Get that shit inside your small ass head, you hear me?!?!?" I hung up after that, I just couldn't take it anymore as I just froze in my spot.