• 12 •

"w-wait, what? Me? There's no way..." I sat up on the medical bed. Hyunjin tried to stop me, but I insisted.

"We could not believe it either when we found out." Lia said and sat on the couch nearby.

"Wait, why? How did I... Did I hit someone?" I asked, very much confused.

"According to the police, you were going pass the speed limit. There was a lady crossing, you hit her, but thankfully, all she received was a slightly fractured elbow and a few scrapes on her knees, nothing major. You swerved pass her and hit a pole, the impact resulted in you being in a coma." Hyunjin explained and held my arm.

"How did I end up drunk driving?" I asked another question. I don't even own a car, all I've ever driven was my bike. Hmm.. I wonder if she still has lucy...

"Uhm, you're kind of the only one who knows why you got wasted that night... But, I talked to momo noona the night after you were confined. She said that you drunk called her in the middle of the night. She said that all you told her was that you were on your way home. She asked you if you were with anyone but you said no."

"Noona got really worried, and she was gonna pick you up but you hung up on her before she could even ask where you were, so she decided to call me, and the both of us looked for you, but we couldn't find you anywhere."

"The police ended up calling me, saying that you were rushed to the hospital, and.. we're here." He chuckled at the last part.

"I don't remember what I did.." I looked down.

"It's okay, noona. Really." He assured, but I was still feeling really guilty. If there was one thing I hate, it would probably be getting someone else hurt by your own mistake.

"Is the girl I hit fine? Is she doing alright?" I asked in a slight panic. I will not be able to live with myself if I got someone seriously hurt, it doesn't matter how.

"Like I said, noona, she's fine. And she dropped all charges against you, so you have nothing to worry about." To be honest, I wouldn't even be upset if she kept her charges against me. I was the one at fault, afterall. But I guess I'm still somewhat grateful.

"I-I wanna go home hyunjinah.." I held his arm as I looked at him pleadingly.

"Hold on, I'll ask the doctor if she can go home." Lia stood up and went to the door

"Thanks, noona." Hyunjin said before she left.

"We'll have to have adjustments when you get out of here, noona. I'm not sure how much of the things you still remember, but I hope you don't have a hard time getting the hang of it." He said and I nodded as a response

We sat there for a couple minutes in complete silence until lia showed up

"The doctor said that she can go home tomorrow, but she has to come back every week for her tests." She explained and we both nodded, understanding.

"Are you hungry, yej?" Lia asked and I immediately nodded

"Oh okay, I'll buy you some food, I'll be back." She was about to head out when hyunjin stopped her

"No, noona. You've done so much already. Take a rest, I'll buy the food." He insisted and got the car keys before leaving.

"Is he driving? Isn't there food in the cafeteria?" I asked

"Yeah, but he said that the food they made didn't taste very good, so he never bought anything there." We both chuckled and she sat on the couch

"Thank you for being here lia. I really appreciate you taking care of me." I sincerely said