• 17 •

"See you at work, ji!" Momo unnie shouted as they both waved goodbye before disappearing out the front door.

"So you're finally ready to go back to work, noona?" My brother's voice startled me. I turned around and nodded with a smile.

"That's great! I'm happy for you. Just be careful okay?" He reminded.

"I'm always careful, hyunjinah.." I ruffled his hair. He held my arm and put it back down before replying.

"Oh really?" He asked and raised his eyebrows

I got the message and flicked his forehead.

"That accident won't ever happen again. It was an accident. I was intoxicated." I defended and walked pass him.

"I know it won't, noona. But just to be safe, I won't let you drive until I know to myself that I can trust you, arraseo?" He said and crossed his arms.

"But what will I use to get to work?" I asked as I faced him again.

"You have me. If not, you have the rest of the guys."

"Yeah!" I heard one of them shout from the living room. These children are hilarious..

"Okay. But hyunjin, you know I can't always depend on you guys.." I said.

"I know.. this is just for now. We'll buy you a new car sooner than you expect." He ensured and I nodded.

I went back upstairs to take a quick shower. I sat on the bed and went on my phone.

Message from Ms. Shin👩‍🍳

Shit. Completely forgot about that..

I nervously opened the message app to read what she said.

What?
Sent 8:34a.m

Oh my god, unnie!!

Sorry.. that sounded wrong. I was meaning to ask if we could hang out, like a friendly hang out.
Sent 9:41a.m

Oh okay, good.
Sent 9:46a.m

So...?
Sent 9:46a.m

I'll think about it.
Sent 9:47a.m

Okay:)
Read 9:48a.m

I let out a heavy breath after the conversation. All I have to do now is to wait patiently and hope that she says yes.

_______________________________________

Two weeks had passed and I still haven't received any response from her. So let me just fill you in on what has happened for the past days.

I've moved into my supposed condo two days ago after me, hyunjin and my friends talked about it.

At first, my brother didn't really approve of me going on my own since the accident, but momo unnie and my cousin lia said that it was okay, as long as I still don't have access to any vehicle.

It's pretty lonely living alone without my brother. I've always been with him back then. But, I guess we're grown ups now and it's just right for us to have our own separate ways of living. Without each other.