• 11 •

Every single person that was in the room looked at me in shock, except for irene unnie, and God.

He just looked at me with a blank expression, making me more nervous than I already am.

It took a few seconds before he adverted his gaze somewhere else, causing me to release the air I was unconsciously holding in the whole time we were making eye contact.

He sat back down on his throne and held his chin.

"I will say that, that is quite an.. odd request." He finally spoke.

I looked down at my hands before answering.

"I guess it is.. but it is what I wish for. To be sent back." I replied, my voice filled with certainty.

He looked around for a sec. Seemingly scanning the room, until his eyes landed on something... Or someone.

I followed his gaze, turning my head to see Irene unnie. She has a bit of a nervous look as she stared back at him.

"Cheonsa Bae, do you mind if I ask you what you believe of this?" He asked, not taking his eyes off from unnie

Unnie cleared her throat before speaking.

"I support her decision, dear God. I have known her long enough, and this is what she truly wants." Irene unnie answered straightforwardly.

"Hmm. I see." He pursed his lips and stood up directly in front of me.

"I will grant your wish." He stated making my face light up, but maintained it low key.

"But." Oh no...

"Know that what you are about to do will not only bring joy and contentment to your heart. Everything will be different. Different world, different responsibilities, different people. And, you may get hurt. Remember that." He reminded me firmly while his hands are clasped together

It made me beyond nervous and couldn't help but ask "Do you think I'll end up hurting myself because of this?"

He straightened up his posture "Well, that depends on you, yeji. If you let it, then, that is what will happen, of course." He chuckled lightly

I mumbled a small 'okay' as a response, trying to sink in what he just said.

After a while of silence, he spoke again.

"So.. are you ready, my child?" He asked, calmly

I looked behind me and Irene unnie gave me an encouraging nod in return.

Looking back, I nodded with all my will power and stood tall.

"I wish you well on your journey, my dear." He raised his hands and I turned my body to face the other direction, my back facing him.

Unnie approached me and held my hands.

"Take care of yourself down there, okay? Always know that I'll be by your side no matter what, just call my name." She ensured me and kissed my forehead

"Thank you for helping me, unnie. I'm forever grateful for you. Oh, please do me a favor and inform mingyu, my friend. He's been great." She nodded and smiled, making me do the same.

"It was nice while it lasted. Be good, yeji." That was the last thing she said before I felt a light above me and the ground beneath me opening.

I looked down to see the darkness of space and a tiny piece of the earth. Gosh, that's scary.

"Close your eyes." God commanded and I obliged, closing my eyes.

A moment had passed then I felt like I was falling, and unfortunately, I passed out.