Oblivion

a/n this oneshot is a possible tw/gore idk how it turns out bcz I write these before the oneshot itself. this is definitely not a lovey-dovey oneshot.
(inspired by Oblivion by Grimes)

TRIGGER WARNING
- soft gore
- death

Hajime's always been very careful when walking home at night which happened only on occasion. he never liked walking out and about in the night, so usually he made sure he was home before the sun set.
paranoia was eating his mind, chewing on it like a nice six-course meal at a very expensive restaurant. due to that, he always looked behind himself, never listened to music on his way home and carried a pocket knife.
his friend (and roommate) Chiaki kept him company, they texted throughout the whole walk, because she knew how anxious the dark made him.

this was one of the occasions.

he had to stay late at work to finish some reports and such, so it was about 11PM when he left.
taking a deep breath, he left the building. he knew he lived only about ten minutes of walk away from his work and if he was quick, he could make it eight.
the small bluish light lit up his face as he texted Chiaki that he had just left work and is heading home.

the gamer girl

me
just left work

am heading home rn

the gamer girl
could u stop at the grocery store?

we ran out of milk :(

me
do u really think some grocery store is open rn

the gamer girl
lol no

just messing with u <3

I'll go there first thing in the morning :)

me
there's a nonstop open store next to that cat Café we wnet to

the gamer girl
omg no way

me
they opened it only a few days ago

the gamer girl
oh cool!

me
I'll go buy that milk then

the gamer girl
don't be like my dad and stay there for my entire life!!

me
I'll try to avoid getting kidnapped by the store 🙄

meI'll try to avoid getting kidnapped by the store 🙄