Waltz

a/n: I had a different oneshot in mind, but I couldn't bring myself to write it, because the plot seemed a little too meh to me ykwim?

ー ー ー

Nagito made a disgusted grimace at his reflection in the fogged mirror. he carefully examined his tired eyes and dampened hair, wet from the shower he took a few moments ago. he turned his head away from the sad reality he's became.
shivers quickly ran down his spine, reminding him of the cold bathroom despite the warmth of the water that was stopped just a few minutes ago. the albino sighed and left the bathroom, a black towel wrapped loosely around his skinny waist.

he made his way through the even colder apartment into the bedroom where the put on some random hoodie and sweatpants.

the bedroom became such an unrecognizable room, over the course of past week or two, it turned from neat and always clean bedroom into a den of sadness and unmade bed. the usual lavender scent was replaced by the scent of fresh air mixed with the rather disgusting smell of sweat.
the room was dark, it hasn't seen the brim of light in quite a while.

Nagito sighed once again as he sat on the bed.
simple tasks have been a burden lately. just eating was like the Mount Everest for him.

the cause behind this horrid state was simple enough - a long-term relationship coming to an end, loud shouting and nonstop arguing being the closure and probably the only thing the ex-couple will remember each other as.
their arguments were frequent and they often argued about the most stupid things, but their last one was the most absurd of them all.
accusations were thrown left and right, their feelings didn't matter anymore. as a matter of fact, Nagito was the one to slam the door and put an end to their relationship.

the memory flashed before Nagito's eyes like a striking lightening. it hurt like rubbing salt into an open wound which, as you may have figured, was pretty damn painful.
and with that, more memories began to flood back.

months before their break up, they were unbelievably happy

months before they began to notice the little things that started their arguments, they were actually in love.

the room was bright, the yellow light not letting a single shadow slip by. the chandelier above the dance floor was the one lighting up the room. the acoustic band in the corner played a slow, lazy song, in a 1-2-3 rhythm.
people in the ballroom danced waltz slowly along the music. men in black shiny suits accompanied women in beautiful dresses. or women in suits (omg I love women in suits) accompanied other women in beautiful dresses. or men accompanies other men.
nevertheless, people were dancing no matter their partner.
the ballroom was filled with whispered chatter or soft laughter and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

"fuck fuck fuck," Hajime quietly panicked, "we should've taken the dance lessons," he muttered and looked up at Nagito.

Nagito gave him a cheeky grin, confidently leading them as a pair, "we?" he emphasized the word.