Rain

a/n: I love rain

ーーー

walks in rain are so peaceful, so relaxing. in a way, regenerating. to some, they may seem like an excuse to get sick, however, others feel like they are not alone in the rain, especially if they're sad or going through rough patches, like "the world is crying with them".

at least that's my hypothesis on the rain. :)

"what's your favorite thing about the rain?" the taller male asked the shorter one. they were walking slowly hand-in-hand, fingers intertwined. their clothes were completely soaked.

"what?" Hajime chuckled, his laugh supported by a loud thunder that sounded way off in the distance.

the rain grew on strength and swiftness.

"what do you like about rain?" Nagito repeated the question, looking up into the sky, letting the soft droplets hit his naturally pale skin. he closed his eyes before looking back down at the pavement.

"I don't know... I never thought about it," Hajime shrugged. the walk in rain was his idea and them not taking umbrellas is just a crazy coincidence.

Nagito nodded, he squeezed Hajime's hand.

the sky was already dark. if you'd look up, you would see the raindrops fall down as small white-grey dots, expanding as they fell. there were no clouds whatsoever, so it did seem like the rain was just spawning out of nowhere, but it was the clouds that covered the sky, making the effect of the rain spawning.

"I suppose I like that many people get inside to avoid it, so the streets aren't as crowded," Hajime finally fished up an answer.
he was absolutely correct. there was no one around, everyone escaped into the safety and warmth of their homes, working places or vehiclesーanything really just to avoid the rain. many people went to sleep as the sound of the rain is relaxing in its own way. whilst others enjoy staying up and enjoying it within its beauty.

Nagito nodded again. he already knew his answer to his own question. he decided to stay quiet while a car passed by, splashing water everywhere around it.

"and what do you like about rain?" Hajime asked once the loud sound of the engine running and the water splashing sped off into the distance.

"I like the sound," Nagito replied, "it's relaxing and very cozy. I really enjoy reading a good book or watching a movie while it's raining, just because it sets the atmosphere," he finished his response.

Hajime really has to admit, he expected Nagito's response to be somewhat like that. it was expected, because Nagito's favourite quote is the old "don't judge a book by its cover" and he lives by that.

another loud thunder sounded in the distance, there was no doubt, the storm was getting closer. it would be the right time to head home.
with another thunder was now visible a lightning that left a soft purple-whitish trace once it disappeared from the sky.

"we should head back," the brunet suggested. they were both thinking the same thing, so without sparing any more words than needed, they began heading home.

the pair lived in the same building, Hajime was on the fourth floor whilst Nagito was on the sixth. just two sets of stairs was between the good friends, no.. best friends.
and might I say, I would not blame you for thinking they are a couple. many people mistook them for a couple and it was a little awkward to explain their relationship status after getting a compliment or a supportive comment.
the people in this small city were really kind and up to date with the world, so they did their best to respect and support everyone. which is what makes coming out easier.

Oneshots |Komahina|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें