And maybe it was a mistake

WARNING ⚠
cheating
_____________________________

Characters:
Nagito Komaeda

Hajime Hinata

Naomi Oiko (I think they'd fit for this oneshot :) if you didn't know, Naomi's nonbinary so refer to them as they/them thank you <3

Random girl
_____________________________
A/N:
(take it as a stall while I write 2nd part of Overworld)

UHM I MIGHT JUST MAKE YOU DISLIKE THIS AU HAJIME SOOOOOO BE AWARE

inspired by: Perfume - lovejoy and Concrete - lovejoy (very good songs 100/10 would recommend, I always melt <3)

! PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT/THINK THIS IS A NAGITO X NAOMI ONESHOT BECAUSE IT IS *NOT* !
Naomi is asexual/aromatic, meaning they do not seek romantic relationship. them and Nagito are just really good friends (you'll understand later on why I said this)
this is just a precaution

to a lot of Friends (the show) fans, this might remind of the Rachel-Ross argument where the famous line was born "WE WERE ON A BREAK!"
y'all know which episode I'm talking about :)
_____________________________

Words counter: 1800
_____________________________
~.。・°・。.~

AND MAYBE IT WAS A MISTAKE...

the only thing keeping Nagito up after a long argument with Hajime was that stupid sentence. it brought pain to heart, but sense to brain and tension to his body. the argument wasn't serious enough for them to break up, but it was cruel enough for them to shout stuff at each other that they can't take back.
it ended with Nagito packing up his stuff in a hurry, grabbing his phone, wallet, keys and their cat and slamming the door in front of Hajime's face, saying the closure of their argument: "and I'm keeping the cat,"

it was now 4:24AM about a day or two passed since their argument.

even after Nagito closed off their argument and ran down the stairs of their apartment building, Hajime opened the window, showing his frustrated and teary face to the public, then shouting: "MAYBE IT WAS A MISTAKE, WHAT DO I KNOW?!" then he slammed the window close.
(a/n: let's pretend the author knows what the argument was about..............)

with the cat under his arm, his luggage in the other, Nagito let out a pained cry and called his closest friend ー Naomi Oiko. they picked him and the cat up and let them stay until things calm down.

"Nagito, please go to sleep," Naomi said for tenth time in last few hours. they stood in the doorframe, looking at their friend worriedly.

Nagito shook his head and sat up, "no I'm alright,"

Naomi entered the room and sat down next to their friend, "no you're not," they wrapped their arm around Nagito in calming manner, pulling the albino into a hug, "you haven't slept since... that night... that's not healthy at all,"

"I know but-"

"but you miss him, I know," Naomi sighed, their warm breath lifting Nagito's messy hair, "he surely misses you too,"

"you can't know that," Nagito mumbled.

Naomi shrugged, "I can't, you're right, but if he truly does-" they were interrupted by a soft sound, a text message notification came through. Nagito's phone display immediately lit up as soon as the notification came in.

TEXT MESSAGES;
Hajime <3 hey i know you probably....

they both read the full text message: