Я люблю тебя <3

a/n:  pls help me, I'm getting too much into the Zodiac killer lore and I can't help it, it's so interesting idk why!!

OMG I gotta finish the movie like I began watching it, had to end it because the timeline was a bit confusing (since I didn't know ANYTHING about Zodiac), the second time, I had to study for a physics exam (I got an A woo-fucking-hoo) and the third time didn't arrive yet, but I don't think either of the previous reasons will be in the way of my understanding of the movie :)
or perhaps it will be like the Matrix and I'll have to re-watch it multiple times to fully get it

to those who know at least a bit about the case and what's up lately, do you think it could be Gary Francis Poste? like I know he matches the police sketch and all, but idk... I don't want to say it seems too easy, but isn't there like a cryptogram that wasn't solved yet? (not the 340). if it's not Gary then idk, I guess we'll have to wait till afterlife to ask the Zodiac himself or something :/

either way, i think we'll know (unless his afterlife theory was wrong) who he is once we see him, like at least according to what he says afterlife is about.
(to refresh your memory, Zodiac believes that when he dies and arrives to the afterlife, his victims will represent his "slaves" and he'll live in a paradise)

UHM..

yeah

that

is my rant about the Zodiac killer...

let's move on...

ーーー

Hajime's Russian lessons were the most boring classes he had that year. sure, English was pretty damn boring too, but Russian definitely topped it. he kept going there, because he only had a year left of high school. he would end with Russian right after leaving the school.

"what's going on?" a familiar voice that suddenly appeared next to Hajime asked.

when the brunet looked up from his desk on which he'd been lying for the past ten minutes, he saw a tall albino sit next to himーNagito finally arrived, "you're late again?" Hajime rose his eyebrows.
he noticed that Nagito was arriving late more often than usual.

"yeah," Nagito muttered and took out his notebook. he opened it and quickly began writing what was on the board with a pencil which he always seemed to have with him. his notes were messy and half of them weren't even written by a pen. as most of his notebooks (or whatever paper), this one too, was filled with random sketches, one page was just cubes and cuboids.
Nagito looked at Hajime again, "so what is going on?"

"I have no idea,"

Nagito nodded. once he wrote down all the notes and the professor was just talking about the grammar and basically explaining what was written on the chalkboard, he began sketching something in his notebook.

"what are you drawing?" Hajime whispered and leaned in a little to see over Nagito's hand. (a/n: I went through that it's annoying for an artist ong)

"I have no idea," Nagito abruptly stopped drawing and looked at Hajime who was just a few centimeters away from his face.

their expressions changed to flustered, red rush flushed through their cheeks.

Hajime moved back and looked away, now staring at the chalkboard in front of him. although it may seem like he finally began paying attention, his mind was just screaming at him for what happened a few seconds before.

Nagito chuckled quietly and resumed drawing, this time on the edge of a blank page.
the reference in his mind crystal clear, he didn't stop until he felt satisfied with the portrait. he tore the paper around the drawing, wrote something on the back and slid it on the table to Hajime who was still trying his dandiest to ignore the screaming in his mind.

the brunet was waken up by the gesture. he picked up the piece of the paper and looked at Nagito who now was the one staring at the chalkboard. he occasionally would look down to scribble something down.
Hajime looked at the paper and smiled softly to himself. it was a very detailed portrait of himself. although, the portrait looked pretty professionally, it was just Nagito's style and that was okay.

Hajime loved Nagito's drawings.

he flipped the paper around to see text in the middle of the paper, written in Russian.
it read Я люблю тебя <3 which translated to I love you <3.

Hajime looked at Nagito who was quietly giggling to himself.
trying to act calm, Hajime took his pencil and began writing.
after a few seconds, he slid the paper back to Nagito.
Nagito picked up the paper and read what Hajime wrote.

Я очень люблю тебя <3 ты очень милый and that translated to I love you <3 you're cute/sweet.

Nagito giggled and slid the paper back to Hajime, "keep it idiot," he whispered.
Hajime rolled his eyes, but put the piece of paper between the pages of his notebook.
he can only be glad he did learn how to read in Russian perfectly.

and even if it was just a piece of paper, it was the beginning of something beautiful and new.

a/n: sorry for a short oneshot lmao I can't go any further with this

hope you liked it

words counet: 820