Burn the damned

WARNING ⚠
injuries and their description, homophobia, sexism
_____________________________

Characters:
Nagito Komaeda

Hajime Hinata

the King

the Queen

Accused woman

Soldier 1

New King

_____________________________
A/N: this AU doesn't take place in present, it takes place in past, a few centuries ago, when knights and stuff were a thing.

this is kinda like a practice on my new writing style, please tell me if it would look okay!
I just love England with my whole heart <3 (you'll understand later on)

please remember that this happened in 16th century, people did not accept LGBTQ+ community, they thought of them as sick people.
(I support you guys so much, it hurts me to add the homophobic parts)

I do not know the history of England, this oneshot was written at 10PM, so like, sorry for getting something wrong, I'm only learning history of my country, but I'm not trying to step into something I don't know :)

from the beginning it isn't focused on Nagito and Hajime, but it's just so you'd understand the situation.
_____________________________

Words counter: 2094 (not proofread)
_____________________________
~.。・°・。.~

  IT WAS THE AUGUST OF 1541, location? England.
the weather was way nicer than usual, but it wasn't like someone was complaining. the sun was shining, the people of this fine village could only guess it was around noon.
the day was as casual and peaceful as it could be; the men were outside on the farms, taking care of the animals or harvesting the crops. the women were cooking food from everything they could find in the house and the kids were playing outside, since it were simple times and schools weren't as long as they are now.

the streets were filled with traders, sellers, artisans and their apprentices, plebs, nobility, but mainly with children that played with their wooden toys or stones. the times were poor for the plebs, the children of nobility had nicer toys, clothes, better food and basically everything. their tutors taught them to hold the straight, proud posture, so these kids hardly let their shoulders rest.

and as the normal citizens of the village were doing their things, on the big castle was hosted a court. a case opened, a woman was accused of witchery.
the man who accused her, claimed that he saw her cast spells.
the accused woman was defending herself successfully, sometimes she even managed to throw some winks at one of the ladies in the audience.

the king noticed her eying the women, sometimes she'd wink at his own wife! he had enough, "I find this woman GUILTY!" he exclaimed in frustration.

his wife adjusted her golden crown, "darlin' all the evidence points against her," she spoke with the casual, thick British accent.

"I do not care, my love, she is sick! she had been throwing looks at, here, my wife and all the women in the audience," the king said and hit the table with the hammer, "I sentence this woman a death penalty,"

the audience gasped. the women looked as if they were about to faint, they waved their hands in front of their faces to hopefully reason themselves and stop overreacting. the men just raised their eyebrows.
they knew their king rarely sent people off with death penalties, so to deserve such fate, you'd have to have done something horrible.