Goblet of fire

Goblet of fire

Savanna dreaded going back to Hogwarts, with Sirius still in hiding at Grimmauld place she spent the entire summer there and at their spot on the lake at sunset. Exploring at night giving Sirius the cover of darkness it had been a perfect summer but summer was ending, it flew by, too damn fast and now she was going back.

'I should quit.' Savanna decided.

'what about Harry?' Sirius reminded her.

'what about you!' she countered. 'I am going to miss you and its not like you can come and visit Hogwarts.' She reminded him.

'you can visit on weekends and you have a fire in your room, we can talk every night.' Sirius assured, she snuggled into him.

'fine, only because I have a bad feeling about this year.' Savanna admitted.

'bad feeling?' Sirius questioned.

'the tri wizard tournament is being hosted at Howarts.' Savanna told him. 'that bloody tournament, someone always gets hurt or worse. I know harry isn't old enough but the other students... heaven help them.'

*******

'The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector: the Goblet of Fire. Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it into the goblet, aspiring champions have twenty-four hours in which to put their names forward. Tomorrow night, Hallowe'en, the goblet will return the names of the three it has judged most worthy to represent their schools. The goblet will be placed in the entrance hall tonight, where it will be freely accessible to all those wishing to compete'. Albus told the students and staff.

'You need to be mental,' savanna whispered to her brother. 'to put your name in the goblet. That's what you need in these competitions, skill, and just crazy enough to put your name in the goblet.'

'agreed.' Severus said. 'fame greedy children.' He added. 'wanting fifteen minutes of fame for a cup. Risking their life.'

'there was a reason these competitions were banned.' Savanna added annoyed. 'I cannot believe they are bringing it back. I cant believe Mad Eye is here either. That old crazy man... I swear the defense against the dark arts post is cursed. Good thing you are not burdened by it.' Savanna informed him.

'Finally, I wish to impress upon any of you wishing to compete that this tournament is not to be entered into lightly. Once a champion has been selected by the Goblet of Fire, he or she is obliged to see the tournament through to the end. The placing of your name in the goblet constitutes a binding, magical contract. There can be no change of heart once you have become a champion. Please be very sure, therefore, that you are wholeheartedly prepared to play before you drop your name into the goblet. Now, I think it is time for bed. Good night to you all.'

'you are already hurt and the games haven't even begun.' Savanna remarked as Ron sat on a bed in the hospital wing after a fall off his broom.

'whats the big deal with the tri wizard tournament, madam Snape?' ron questioned.

'it he okay?" Hermione ran in Harry at her heels.

'just fine. I assure you.' Savanna said, the break snapped back in place and ron shouted out but then he smiled.

'thanks, that's much better.' Ron told her. 'madam snape was going to tell me about the tri wizard tournament.'

'I can tell you about it,' Hermione told him.

'yeah but I like when madam snape talks better she doesn't sound as know it all like you Hermione.' Ron pestered and Hermione's mouth dropped appalled.

'Ronald...' savanna tsked. 'did you know that the Muggle Olympics may have up to 300 events, but the Triwizard Tournament only had three tasks... and they were quite enough.'

'I knew that.' Hermione told them.

'The rules were simple: each school was represented by a champion, chosen by the Goblet of Fire. The champions took part in three punishing tasks to win the Triwizard Cup, one thousand Galleons, eternal glory and eternal bruises.' Savanna warned them. 'The revival of the tournament was made 'safer'-' savanna quoted, it was not safe, it was always going to be bloody and cruel. '-by the addition of an age limit: only students aged 17 and over can apply.'

'fred and George are going to be disappointed... hey what happens if someone younger puts their name in?' ron questioned.

+++

'hello madam snape.' Both fred and George came walking into her hospital wing.

'hello boys.' She said trying and failing to conceal a smile. 'you look great. Not a day over 93,' she teased.

'can you fix us?'

'I could.' She agreed. 'but albus said the potion will fade and anyone that attempts to cross the age barrier will be punished accordingly. I think this was the punishment.'

'so youre not going to help us?' they questioned in unison.

'I'm not going to help you boys. Sorry.' Savanna said as they slumped out.

*****