Safe spot

'Go savanna.'

'I dont want to leave you with him. Come with me.' Savanna begged

'Go i will distract him.'

'I dont want you getting hurt sevy.' Savanna pleaded.

'Im used to it. Go savanna.' severus pleaded. She ran out into the street. The sky was dark and the moon was high the stars were hidden by clouded skies. She cried. She sobbed. Falling to her knees once she was far enough away from home. Curled her knees into her chest rocking back and forth. Thats when she felt a lick against her cheek her head shot up. It was a dog. Big and black. Shiny coat tongue flopping out of his mouth.

'Hello.' savanna said softly wiping at her tears. The dog kissed her again and a smile pulled at her lips before she started to cry again. Again the dog licked her face trying to comfort her.

Sirius had been pacing trying to get the nerve to ask savanna out properly when he heard yelling. Slamming of doors savannas precious voice expel a scream from her lungs he wanted to charge in but instead when he saw severus usher savanna out sirius changed. Morphed into his padfoot frame following her. He watched her break. Become so fragile and delicate. He didnt know what to say or do. He wanted to help. Kissing her was the only thing he could think. Not exactly how he wanted their first kiss to happen but she needed a friend. Savanna was still crying when she wrapped her arms around the dog. Hugging him tightly tears dripping into his fur.

'Everything is so messed up.' she informed the dog. 'My father is awful. My brother takes the beatings but it was my fault i broke it. I didnt mean to. Father just gets so angry.' she sobbed into sirius and he so badly wanted to show himself and comfort her properly but he remained in his canine form. 'He hates us. He hates us and beats us. God...' she glanced back in the direction of her house. 'Hes going to kill severus. Hes going to kill him. Because father is always drunk and angry and blames every little thing on us when we are home.' Sirius nuzzled into her. 'I just dont feel safe.' She told him. 'Severus and i cant stay here. We cant.' Savanna sobbed 'one of these days hes going to kill us over spilled milk.'

'Savanna! Savanna!' She stood up when she heard severus calling she ran to him leaving sirius sitting in the grass watching her go.

'Severus are you alright?' She looked him over her eyes meeting the bruise on his cheek. 'Severus.' she sobbed. 'I'm so sorry. This is my fault. Im so sorry.' She hugged him tight. 'Please forgive me.' Sirius slowly got closer.

'This isnt your fault this is father being father.' Severus told her wiping at her tears. 'Savanna you are my sister. Im always going to protect you'

'Even if it means hurting yourself?'

'Especially if it means you dont get hurt.' Severus corrected.

'Im sorry im sorry.' he kissed her forehead leading her back.

'Come on. Father passed out after this...' he motioned to his cheek. 'You can stay with me tonight i wont let anything happen to you. I promise.'

Sirius watched them head back to the house. He heard soft cries into the night, through the open window. He felt awful. They were tormenting severus at school and he was getting beaten at home as well. He needed to put a stop to it. So at least they would have one safe spot.