Thirty-Two: Hold Your Breath

[ Hold Your Breath ]

༓࿇༓

Jia

I slowly stepped back from the doorway of Taehyung's bedroom, quietly closing the door with much care to make sure that I did not wake him up.

He finally managed to fall asleep.

It had been almost two hours since I found him on the floor of his bathroom, hours since I felt my heart sink to the very pits of my stomach at the unfamiliar and unsettling sight of Taehyung, curled up on the ground in agony as he wailed in absolute pain.

The sight was truly horrifying. I couldn't even begin to describe the overwhelming feeling of panic that came over me as soon as I stepped into the room.

I had no idea what to do, complete helplessness came over me as I desperately wracked my brain, trying to figure out a way to actually help him.

For what felt like forever, my hands felt like they were tied and I had nothing within my abilities that could be of assistance at all.

I felt completely and utterly helpless.

With my mind going completely blank, I was forced to then rely heavily on my instincts, which then led me to join Taehyung on the ground and pull him against me and into my arms.

And I just hugged him.

I kept whispering whatever I thought could've helped, even if was just by a little bit, I did anyway. I continued to tell him that he was okay, that everything was okay — that I was there with him. If that would be of any help at all.

And things remained that way for quite some time, I had no idea how long we stayed on the floor, how long I held him tightly, but one thing was for sure — I didn't actually want to let go.

I just wanted him to be okay.

Seeing him like that brought over a completely unfamiliar wave of emotions to crash onto me. They were desperate and urged me to stay by his side until he was okay again.