Fourteen: Lie Again

[ Lie Again ]

༓࿇

Jia

A gentle knock at the door of the room I was in caught my attention as my assigned hair and makeup artist packed up her tools and prepared herself to leave the room.

She bowed at me slightly and I returned the gesture as I noticed my husband walking through the door after I looked into the mirror in front of me.

I stayed silent and gulped, watching the girl leave the room after politely greeting Jimin on her way out, and then leaving me alone with him in the room.

"Hey," he greeted lowly and slowly made his way over.

"Hey,"

I met his gaze through the mirror and gulped, pressing my lipstick-coated lips tightly against each other as I struggled to maintain eye contact before I finally ended up looking down at my hands.

I was suddenly starting to feel guilty.

Yoongi picked me up from Taehyung's house after cutting through the moment that we had suddenly found ourselves falling into and I had to force myself to act normal.

Like nothing out of the ordinary happened.

And damn was it hard.

The whole time from then until now, I had barely said a word to anybody, spending most of my time being spaced out, mulling over what happened with Taehyung earlier.

I could tell that Yoongi picked up on my weird behaviour, but as usual, I brushed it off and told him I was okay. Although, it was pretty obvious he did not believe me.

I had a paired radio interview today with Jimin that we had been invited to do and I wasn't sure how I was going to get through it without zoning out or completely messing up somehow.

This was actually the first time I had gotten to see Jimin in weeks.