Twenty-Two: Unsettled

[ Unsettled ]

༓࿇༓

Jia

"Your fans aren't happy, Jia."

I didn't respond as I watched my boss take a seat across the table with a bunch of papers in his hand and his assistant scurrying anxiously behind him.

Here I was, sitting in my CEO's office with his assistant and my manager after I got called in at 8AM that morning because I had apparently gotten myself into some shit yesterday at my fanmeet.

At first, I didn't understand what could've possibly been the issue since the fanmeet did really go well, in my opinion. Everyone seemed to be quite happy, but looking at the timing of it all, the issue had to have somewhat been linked to it.

Now here I was, waiting for an explanation of some sort about why exactly people were supposedly upset with me.

He glanced up at the said assistant and signalled her to show me something on the iPad she had clutched securely in her arms before turning its screen towards me.

I sighed and adjusted myself in my seat as Yoongi, who was seated beside me, gently took the device from her and brought it closer before quietly telling me to look over.

With much reluctance, I finally turned my eyes to look at what was on the screen and I had to fight back a snort as I began to skim through the comments people were leaving.

'Why is she wearing such a revealing top?'

'Clearly she doesn't have respect for herself'

'Delete this.'

'Doesn't she have a husband? Why would he let her go out wearing something like that?'

'I can literally see her bra... what a whore'

'Isn't she embarrassed?'

"Okay," I exhaled loudly, getting tired of what I was reading.

Was this seriously what I got called into the office for at 8AM?

They were treating this as if hate comments weren't something normal that I was already used to. I didn't understand the fuss.

"This is being blown out of proportion." Yoongi spoke up, immediately coming to my defence as he gave back the iPad, "It's just a crop top,"