Thirty-One: Snakes & Reflections

[ Snakes & Reflections ]

༓࿇༓

Taehyung

- 1 HOUR AGO -

I watched the screen of my phone light up from its place on the floor beside me, the light managing to illuminate the dark room slightly.

I stared at yet another incoming call blankly, pushing myself back into the wall even more as I watched the phone ring before it eventually stopped once more.

As I turned my head away, I heard the buzzing start up again and I had to force myself to ignore it and simply faze it out.

I wanted to be left alone.

The heavily empty feeling in my gut was sickening, completely weighing down on me and sucking whatever life I could've had left right out of me, practically leaving me with absolutely nothing.

I was completely drained.

I knew that it was only a matter of time before I was to succumb into my demons and relapse against my will once again.

I just never thought it would happen like that. Nevertheless in front of somebody like Jia. Even to Jia herself.

Struggling to force the unfamiliar guilt I was subconsciously made to feel out of my chest, I kept getting the images of the petrified look on her face as the blood slowly drained from her skin.

I could barely even remember how things even ended up that way. No matter how hard I tried, I just simply couldn't remember when the switch happened.

One second I was asleep, the next I found myself above her with my hands gripped around her throat, strangling her unprovoked.

She just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now she unfairly fell victim to my freakish monstrosity. If I could even call it that...

'Seokjin was right.' an all too familiar voice echoed itself annoyingly at the back of my mind, relentlessly mocking me once again as my ears began to ring.

At the sound, I immediately flinched in pain.

'You're sick, Taehyung' the same voice scoffed at me and I immediately felt something in my twist in absolute disgust and discomfort.